Metallic ripples

Pareltje

IMG_20161102_170854.jpg
I found this vendor on Etsy. Her name is Yunlan Zhu, her shop is called Kongs Pearl. I'm pleased with my purchase. But I have no idea yet what I'm going to do with them.

now see THESE make my heart beat faster...........
and i think i need a napkin for my drool

Pareltje, those are really gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

See? You fit right in! :)
i LOVE those ripply metallic organic looking pearls
they remind me of holiday ornaments from the 40s-50s
*and come to think of it......i used to try and wear the mercury glass bead strands while i unhelpfully helped decorate the tree*

and if you all don't mind putting up with me, i'd like to hang around here

Thanks everyone for your sweet words.
Vi, you are bitten by the ripple bugs. Once you start you can't stop. I took the picture under incandescent light, they look better in natural light.
Cathy, I think I'm going to use them as charms. I'm thinking about a charm necklace. Attach the pearls to claw clasps so that I can add or remove the number of pearls on the chain....
JP, I saw this vendor and finally pulled the trigger after I sent a PM to Yunlan who responded promptly to my requests. I believe Kongs Pearl is related to Fandapearl which has shops on Etsy and Alibaba.

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I went to their site and they have lots of stuff. Which batch was your ripples from ?

Vi, the bug bites hard LOL I have a lot of ripples but can't stop buying more....
Kalmen, I got the pairs from these two batches (see pics). The rest of the pearls I purchased from her were not listed on Etsy. I contacted Yunlan directly for the color and overtones I looked for, I told her I only wanted the sharpest luster possible from her stock. She accommodated my request promptly.
il_570xN.1062928166_4911.jpgil_570xN.1062936218_tga8.jpg

And I bought these: 1st row 1 pair of pearls. I'm curious what they look like IRL
il_570xN.1120362519_94v9.jpg

Last edited:
Thank u. They look gorgeous. Can't wait to see what u do with them

JP, Kalmen, thank you.
JP you're right I'm going to set them as earrings but if I feel they are too heavy I just set them as a ring. We'll see.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

omg i think i just have died and gone to heaven

Vi, the bug bites hard LOL I have a lot of ripples but can't stop buying more....
Kalmen, I got the pairs from these two batches (see pics). The rest of the pearls I purchased from her were not listed on Etsy. I contacted Yunlan directly for the color and overtones I looked for, I told her I only wanted the sharpest luster possible from her stock. She accommodated my request promptly.
View attachment 45943View attachment 45944

And I bought these: 1st row 1 pair of pearls. I'm curious what they look like IRL
View attachment 45945
ple
please tell me you got 011 pair 3
omg omg omg......

Those are indeed what I got, Vi... also 020 pair 1

i think i have just fainted....... that thud you hear....... yup me...hitting the floor

at least let us see photos of what you end up doing with them

Pareltje, thank you for showing us your photos and the vendor's photos so we can see how the colors and luster compare ... very helpful. Too funny; I was thinking if I got that lot of pearls, I'd make charms and hang them from a chain ...

Trulyviolet, it happens to us all the time. Get up off the floor SLOWLY, settle into a comfy spot with a cup of a comforting beverage to restore your strength, and browse here some more :)

Back