Metallic Off Round Freshies Using Bead Bumpers

Gemandpearlover

I had three strands of mixed color off round 10-11mm mostly metallic FW pearls to work with. I decided to use bead bumpers. I used the 1.5mm ones and definitely recommend using bigger ones. They are so tiny. I sorted the pearls and used the lavender and white pearls, saving the peach pearls for another project. The strands were strung using beader's secret thread in mist and white. I just received my thread zapper in the mail and can't wait to try it. :)

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

Very pretty! I’ll need to keep knotting pearls forever to get my money’s worth out of all the tools and gadgets I’ve bought. LOl

Thank you Bailey, Charlotta and Parrot Lady. :). The thread zapper works very well - almost too well. I wanted to clean up the threads on a strand that I made recently. I used the zapper and sliced right through all the thread. Lol.

Really pretty ombre strand, Gemandpearlover! I love my thread zapper, too. It makes "cutting" the threads so much easier and neater.

ETA: Oops! Missed where you cut through all the threads. Yikes! That's definitely not a time saver! LOL!

Very pretty! I’ll need to keep knotting pearls forever to get my money’s worth out of all the tools and gadgets I’ve bought. LOl
Ah. This is the great Catch-22 that goes along with your rationale, PL: "I need to buy more pearls so I get more use out of these tools n' gadgets". That's the flip side and how my little mind works. LOL! :rolleyes:

I "thread" the Thread Zap wire with the section of thread to be cut off, and angle the rest of the necklace away from it, so that only the part to be cut off is in contact with the wire.

attachment.php

That is a beautiful strand! And great idea the bead bumpers and thread zapper!

Back