MARGARITALOGIA... a newsletter by Elisabeth Strack!

kojimapearl

Please excuse me if this was already posted.
The very first issue of Margaritalogia has been published by Elisabeth Strack (the Empress of Pearls). I am very excited to know she will be publishing newsletters, as she is such a brilliant mind and the most knowledgeable person on pearls in the world (in my opinion). If you are by chance un-familiar, she in the author of Pearls.. and gives fantastic talks on pearls all over the world every year.

I'm terribly sorry, I would SO love to post the entire newsletter here, but it is 13 pages and when I tried to do it page by page you couldn't actually read it.
So I posted it in my blog, you can click on that link to read the entire version.
http://www.kojimapearl.com/blog/

I LOVE THE NAME SHE CHOSE FOR THIS NEWSLETTER!

Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 5.01.23 PM.jpg

Congratulations to you Elisabeth.

This is fantastic!

We should link to this particular newsletter when people come on P-G with their 3.5 momme strands they inherited. It's boggling to think that 0.6 to 1.0mm of nacre was the norm for akoyas before the 1970s.

Thank You so much for posting this Sarah! I especially loved reading about the Vietnamese Akoyas .... and mentions of PENGUINS :)

Thanks ladies, I'm sorry I didn't realize it was posted on the CPAA website, or that it is a paid subscription! eeks.. I hope it is ok that I shared it ONCE!
I only quickly searched for it before I shared.
Elisabeth is SO amazing and it is always a joy to read about her travels and discoveries in the greater pearl world!
Thanks for the link Wendy.
Cathy, yes that was pretty exciting for me too!
I hope this finds you all warm and happy Cheers, Sarah

Back