Looking for tridacna pearl with nice flame

Amy in IL

Hello all, I'm new to the forum, but have been a pearl collector for a few years. I live in northern Illinois on the Rock River, and my pearl obsession started when I found a natural freshwater pearl after a day of shelling on the river (some species are protected because of overharvesting for button trade, we're very careful with what we collect). Anyways, my recent obsession has been the tridacna pearl. I love love love that gorgeous flame that gives the pearl a 3d effect. I've been searching online for a few days, and the only ones I can find in a decent price range are from Karis Pearls. Some of her prices are pretty high, so I wanted to ask here if she is a reputable seller, and/or if someone else can direct me on where else to go. I'd be interested in either a loose pearl or set in a ring. Any responses are appreciated! THanks so much! Amy Holder

Yes. Tbh I didn't think of that at all. I know the clams are protected so I don't know why it didn't come to mind. Thanks again.

Maybe because I was thinking of the pearl as a seperate unit..and being greedy for one. Now thinking I need to do more research first.

Unfortunatly, it's when species have definitely disappeared that awareness appears... Look at the bees, destroyed by chemicals protecting grows. Soon, without bees, no fruits, and not many things other, however essential for us as for all the nature.
Abalones are in danger, too.
Other exemple: you know biwa pearls? Now the originals have disappeared also, because Biwa lake, in Japan, has been killed by pesticides. To destroy its own treasure, so stupid, isn't it?

Last edited:
Back