Jewellers needed

Hi everybody,

I am a jewellery designer, and I am interested in getting in touch with jewellers who knows how to handle pearls, silver and gold. Would be great for any help, hints or suggestions? Preferably not from Europe, Australia or Northern America as these jewellers tend to be quite expensive.

Thank you for your help :)

You are saying you want to find a jeweler in Southeast Asia or China? Maybe Bali? Could you please restate that question so we know what you are looking for and not what you aren't looking for? The Philippines, maybe? ???

Maybe Mexico. Sea of Cortez pearls uses some Mexican designers who might do special orders. Perhaps the inexpensive people for whom you look do not have internet?

Hi,

yes I mean someone who can make up my designs. My current jeweller is based in Norway (the world's most expensive country), so I would be happy for suggestions - preferably names as well as countries. Do you know anyone you are pleased with? Do you have contacts with someone who can ask about this? Thank you very much for all help. :)

If you are considering mass production of your designs, there are a lot of factories in China (with offices in Hong Kong) that can help you. For high volume but typically lower-end, check out Winning Jewellery or Arcadia. Higher quality designs would better suit a company like Wai Ho Hong.

For our custom designs, we use Takayas Mizuno in Los Angeles. His Website is http://www.takayascustomjewelry.com/. Taka made both of Hisano's rings and has made all of the collaboration designs we've done recently. For those, he makes the prototypes and the pieces that are going into stores like Paul Smith and Tom Ford. For the collaborations that have gone mass market, we've taken his prototypes to Asia to have them recreated.

Yeah, he's the best I know in the business and he isn't that expensive either. He has made a lot of really high-end designs for our customers including a ring, earring, pendant combination for 16 and 17 mm round South Sea pearls. All the fancy rose gold horns for the heavy clasps and cufflinks we did for the JvdF collaboration were him as well.

I love these Takaya designs! I see he uses rose gold beyond the one Hisano designed for me. How did using rose gold work out for you? I notice they are selling lots of it at Sears this year! I just love it and I thought a lot of folks would turn to it, as gold went up. The clasp I put on my metallic whites is 18k rose gold and a lovely shade of pink, that picks up one of the the metallic pearl's overtones- but even low carat rose gold is beautiful. I am so glad to see it making a comeback. Rose gold goes with my yellowy (sallow?) skin and Kether's peachy skin. It is amazing- at least I think so, but is it commercial?

Hello, if you're still looking for jeweler, let me know. I'm from Indonesia, and I know some people who can custom produce pearl jewelries with either gold/silver. I haven't ordered from them myself, but from the pictures I've seen so far, their creations look great!

Back