Is this a Tahitian necklace?

Elias

Hello,

I want to ask you if this is a Tahitian pearl necklace or not. Hope that with these pictures is it possible to see the details. In a distance it looks good but at close the pearls have some holes and deformities.
Is it a Tahitian? Is it a bad quality? Is it worth anything? Of someone could give me a value ideia ir would be great. I think the larger pearl is around 13mm.

Hope someone may help me. Thank you all. Screenshot_20200811-043333.jpgScreenshot_20200811-043357.jpgScreenshot_20200811-043420.jpgScreenshot_20200811-043346.jpg

Honestly, if you have not already bought this, I'd avoid it. The quality is not good and they may be dyed freshwater pearls.

Dear Pearl Dreams, thank you for your answer. To be honest I thought so. But there are freshwater pearls that large? I thought 13 was Tahitian/South sea only. Could you give me a value idea even if just freshwater?

The clasp is interesting. But the pearls look dirty and dusty. The quality does not look good either. And, I don't know if it's the color of the photos, but the colors just look off.

Dear Pearl Dreams, thank you for your answer. To be honest I thought so. But there are freshwater pearls that large? I thought 13 was Tahitian/South sea only. Could you give me a value idea even if just freshwater?

There certainly are freshwater pearls that large, and larger-- bead nucleated ones. Sorry, I cannot put a value on them.

They appear to be lower quality dyed freshwater pearls. I would not buy them.

Dear Pearl Dreams, BWeaves and Marianne,

Thank you for your advice. I will take it. It is so nice of you all to take your time expertise and experience and help others. That's very nice.

Welcome, Elias! You are welcome here, do visit again :)

Back