Is this a genuine Miki clasp?

TrishL

Came across a clasp on a strand up for sale. Is it an older Mikimoto? I can see the clamshell on the back ... but no M inside.

Many thanks

[/ATTACH] mikimotopearls-9.jpgBlack Beauty Meets Snow White.
10mm. dyed black freshwater pearls with white South Sea pearls and s

Miki or Not?

Miki or Not?

Thanks ever so for the reply. I wrote to the seller on eBay and asked about original Mikimoto box or pouch, as well as certificate. He has neither. It was a strand that he has on consignment from someone that picked it up at an estate sale. The clasp is described as 'presumed sterling.' It does state that there's an M in the clamshell, but I simply can't see it. I've included a couple more photos. They do look like a pretty strand.

Attachments

• I love tin cups!!
south sea pelosi
11-12 chocolate Tahitian
grey peacock tahitian
    I love tin cups!! south sea pelosi 11-12 chocolate Tahitian grey peacock tahitian
    73.7 KB · Views: 51
  • made by me
keshi bracelet and earrings 
very purple baroques with vermeil
    made by me keshi bracelet and earrings very purple baroques with vermeil
    68 KB · Views: 50
An estate sale is when someone's property is being liquidated, pretty much everything sold, because of death, or moving to much smaller apt. Here in the US professionals often are hired to come in and price everything and handle the sale. So similar to a yard sale, but generally lots more stuff!

Ah, thanks. I'm not really familiar with the term, but I wondered if it might mean the selling up of a large family estate when the last of the family died. But it doesn't have to be 3,000 prime acres of farmland and an Elizabethan pile, by the sound of it?

Back