I'm a BWeaves Copycat

MSC

Natural Pearl Lover
I loved BWeaves mismatched studs, so I copied and made B + W keshi earrings
IMG_1435.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, Sea Urchin, Jersey, Kat, hanadama, Pareltje, LVL, and MM! Jersey and Pareltje, you all are too sweet :*

LVL: I had actually picked up this vintage setting for a P. sterna project, but the cones ended up being too long. I love engine turning though, so I decided to keep them. They were originally set with a 6mm simulated pearl. WTH? I figured inspiration would strike at some point. I found a mini strand of large, drop shaped Tahitian keshis last week. None of the pearls were matched, but when I had them in hand I realized they'd work with the cones because of their drop shape. These two were the right size and shape and I thought, "I can now be as cool as BWeaves!!" :cool: I used silver to set as a test, so I just need to reset with gold now.
IMG_1568.jpg
IMG_1569.jpg
IMG_1570.jpg

Last edited:
LOVE THEM!!!!

My parents used to own a small Mom & Pop department store years ago. When I was in high school, it was my "job" to try on clothes and walk around the store in them. People would see me in them and say, "OOOO, do you have that outfit in my size?" So I was always happy to see someone else wearing the same thing I was wearing.

Copycat away! I'm flattered.

Celeste had a set of black and white Kamoka studs at the ruckus this summer. I commented that I liked them, but I figured I have enough studs at home that I could make my own pair. In fact, I could make two matching B/W pairs. :rolleyes: Anyhow, love the look and it will be interesting to see how this trend continues. I've admired the black and white pearl look ever since I saw the Duchess of Windsor's amazing natural pearl pair.

Back