I went on a shopping spree....

syd

Community member
I've been stalking Care Ehret's store on ebay for months, coveting her pearl jewellery and today I succumbed!! I bought a pair of cortez pearl earrings, a pair of 22k gold earrings and a peacock tahitian pendant.... can't wait till they get here!!

Hi Syd

Oh..... Cortez - my pearlda (that's pearly radar) picked that up

time to get the camera out when the postman / courier arrives

plus the other goodies of course..... :)

I saw those and coveted them, too!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! You are a true pearlie! Many of us saw our first SoC pearl on Care's eBay site!

You will please post photos?

That must be PearldaR. Right up there with my word - Pearlnography.

yeah, you're right.... typo

great to see Ocatvia back...... :)

I can't wait to see the loot. I hope it arrives soon and there is good pearl photo weather. Best is indirect daylight. Color shows up best on a white paper towel. I haven't looked at her stuff for a long time in an effort to keep down the spending. 22kt earrings - do those have granulation? Sounds yummy! :cool:

I got a message that the loot will be mailed on Monday so I should hopefully have it by Wednesday. Of course, I'll take lots of pictures. Should I post a few of Care's pictures? Yes, the 22k earrings have granulation... they're a sunflower design. She had another pair for months which sold a few days ago. I was so disappointed that they weren't meant to be mine, but then she put up another exact same pair - I was so happy!!

I succumbed to the cortez earrings although I debated whether I should hold out for a darker pair. These are lighter champagne/silver colour, although the pictures showed lots of colourful overtones.

Here's some photos of completely OTT pearl, diamond and gold jewellery to tide you folks over till Wednesday...

Attachments

• cozumel turtle swimming
    cozumel turtle swimming
    52.8 KB · Views: 46
  • tahiti3
    tahiti3
    35.8 KB · Views: 45
  • tahiti1
    tahiti1
    38 KB · Views: 43
  • tahiti2
    tahiti2
    41.4 KB · Views: 47
love the black and white photo - totally stunning..........

must have at least won a Pearlitzer !

They're here, they're here, they're here!!!

And they're fabulous! Its night-time now, so I'll have to wait till tomorrow morning to take pictures. The sea of cortez pearls are a lovely silvery grey with pink and blue overtones. I see what people mean now that they pick up the colours they're near. The tahitian is also gorgeous, big and truly extreme peacock.

More tomorrow....

Ohhhhhh - the 'Pearldar' made a squeak and woke me up

Double squeak for Tahitians, and tripple squeak for SoCs

and now you can post the picis....

Pearldar is running.................. :eek:

Here are a few photos... my daughter's been sick today so haven't had much time to try different things, but luckily these pearls are very photogenic, and its a cloudy day. I'll post ear/neck shots when I have more time.

I can't wait to wear these out! I had steered away from 22k gold jewellery in the past few years to white gold and platinum (I'm Indian so grew up owning and wearing 22k), but I think I might start wearing more of it. Very pretty pieces, and I was very happy with Carolyn's communication and service. I look forward to buying more from her. I love the few sea of cortez mabe earrings I've seen on this forum designed by her, and would love to own a pair, and some kasumis..... oooh the list can go on and on....

Attachments

• This is named "windflex". It's like a big skateboard with special trucks that allow the wheels to mo
    This is named "windflex". It's like a big skateboard with special trucks that allow the wheels to mo
    31.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Windsurfing in Brittany. Doing a backloop.
    Windsurfing in Brittany. Doing a backloop.
    87.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Sailing. This is about halfway across the Pacific.
    Sailing. This is about halfway across the Pacific.
    82.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Kiteboarding.
    Kiteboarding.
    54.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Same board as the one pictured on the "windflex" photo. I'm using a kiteboarding kite instead of a w
    Same board as the one pictured on the "windflex" photo. I'm using a kiteboarding kite instead of a w
    21.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Same as above.
    Same as above.
    20.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Bored on the Isle of Pines, New Caledonia.
    Bored on the Isle of Pines, New Caledonia.
    45.7 KB · Views: 43
I think the pinks in the SoC pearls are coming out more in the pictures because I've worn pink today. Next time I'll wear another colour and see how the photos turn out. My reflection in the tahitian is so clear, the lustre on that pearl is incredible!!

Hi Syd

STUNNING

beautiful beautiful silver grey-blue Sea of Cortez (with a touch of pomegranate - which is an SoC 'signature', I think)

and yes that Tahitian is like a rainbow mirror, lovely

I like the 22K gold as well - adds a depth and soft tone

love the little 'Sunflowers' too !!

thanks for posting them

and now you can enjoy wearing them..... :D

Last edited:
Just breathtaking. Great photos. Love when SofC shows its pink side. I've been a BAD girl too. Don't want to hi-jack your post, so I'll start another thread with the new SofC pearl I just made into a pendant :) And a couple of other new items.

Anyone's Pearldar going off? (Pearldar...that's funny Alex)

Back