i found what i beleive may be a pearl in the pacific i will attach a photo.

i found what i beleive may be a pearl in the pacific i will attach a photo.

• not a pearl

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • pearl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • natural pearl

• cultered pearl

• Total voters
Better! But your camera is more focused on the texture of the paper towel. Try putting it on a piece of paper and try again. :)

Better! But your camera is more focused on the texture of the paper towel. Try putting it on a piece of paper and try again. :)

i have taken another picture for you thanks everyone for there help!!

IMG_1717.jpg

It doesn't look like a pearl. Most people don't realize that pearls found in the wild are almost never round. They are always baroque. Things that get tumbled in the surf are often round. We've seen a number of rocks, glass and other things here on the forum people have found on the beach. So far, nobody has found a pearl.

Also, pearls don't come from oysters in the true sense. They come from mollusks. They also don't have a grain of sand in them.

https://www.pearlsasone.org/courses/pearls_as_one/lectures/1219511

Some kind of round white pearls can be found in caves, but they don't have organic origin, just calcareous concretions, and I have looked at geological maps of Comox grounds: these are not calcareous, but I have noticed some basalt around, a stone where rare round calcite concretions are found (I add a photo of these). You can try to put a vinegar drop on the surface, and if that foam (quickly rinse with water if it does), maybe this object can be one... So, many fishs have aragonite concretions (otoliths) in their heads, but they are never round.
boule calcite.jpg

Definitely not a pearl, but thank you for taking another photo. It must have been a surprise to find it just lying on the beach. :)

Back