Hunt for Circled Tahitians

Thanks, JerseyPearl. NoVA Neimans it is. Tiffany's at Tyson's only has a few strands.

Thanks, BAS and JerseyPearl. Their trunk show is March 19th or so, the week before I go to PP. I don't think I can wait that long. I'm so glad that pearls are easier to find in person than colored stones!

What would you say the best store to view product in Portland would be Pattye?

Hi Jacques,

TRIOS, in Lake Oswego. They have a wonderful selection of lovely pearls, including Sea of Cortez, South Sea, Tahitians, akoya and freshwater. Beautiful gemstones, also. One of the "trio" of artists is Kathe Mai, wife of Eric Braunwart of Columbia Gem House/Trigem Designs. They focus on Fair Trade gemstones, which includes the Sea of Cortez pearls, plus using recycled metal.

Though KAMOKA PEARLS doesn't have a store front, their selection of sustainably produced Tahitians is amazing and a viewing can be arranged. Meeting the pearl farmers, Josh and Celeste, is an unique, delightful, memorable experience as you choose your pearls.

precarious, another good thread on PS is: "Tahitian Pearls Vendor vs IRL Pictures", started September 8, 2014. Pearly girls post pictures from the vendor they purchased from and their own real light photos. Most helpful for discovering the color ranges of the Tahitian Pearl. This would also be excellent threads for all species on Pearl Guide. Pearl Queens? Hint Hint!

Thanks, Frost Me. I am slowly educating myself.

I love Pearl-Guide! I wouldn't be comfortable buying pearls without this forum.

precarious, Have you seen the circled tahitian Hisano designed recently, and shows it on the" little h live chat February 17th!"video. It's near the end of the video. It is fantastic, the most intense colors!! I would recommend a quick call to her at PP for details. I think it is a prototype now, but, in the near future it might be for sale, I would seriously look at that strand, pending your budget. It's looks over the top for what I could see.

Last edited:
Frost Me, I checked it out and it's beautiful! I can't wait to see pearls in person!

Hey, I just wanted to follow up on this thread. I called Tiffany's in Chevy Chase and asked how many Tahitians they had and if I could make an appointment to see them. (My husband was not sure about my buying pearls online so he encouraged me to look at Tiffany's even though their prices are much higher, and they only sell rounds which are very expensive.) The salesperson told me they had 2 necklaces. When I asked him to describe their color, he said, "you'll just have to come in". My past experiene with Tiffany's has always been positive, so I was really surprised. It was a big turnoff.

Anyway, I did get to Intergem, but the pearls were not great. I never made it to Neiman's after Intergem because I got trapped in VA by the snow and had to stay at a hotel with a friend who is also a CS collector. Neiman's was great on the phone when I inquired, but I ended up buying oval Tahitians from PP in LA, and posted a short thread on PG. At the end of the day, I preferred to go to LA, than shop local:.
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9658
Hisano was amazing. I wore no jewelry but my wedding ring, and I was treated like the most valued customer. During the appointment she asked if I wanted to see anything else, and I was so clueless I didn't even know what to ask to see. I asked to see some random stuff. A few years from now I will laugh at myself. I was near a vault full of pearls and I feel like I could have done more with the opportunity had I known what else to buy. I hope to go back again next year to pick out my next anniversary present.

The longer version is here on PS (am I allowed to post this link?) with pictures.
http://www.pricescope.com/forum/pearls-new/visit-to-pp-for-tahitians-t211840.html

Thanks to everyone who welcomed me to PG on this thread!

Last edited:
I hope you will post photos of the ovals on your neck-- they looked very pretty in your photos on Pricescope!

Back