Hooked!

My 7+ year old grandson wears a pearl on a leather cord ... supplied by yours truly (via our dear Pattye) of course LOL ... we call it a pirate pearl. Sliding knots on the cord, as pirates might wear it long, but have to shorten it to hide if there's swashbuckling to be done :)

My 7+ year old grandson wears a pearl on a leather cord ... supplied by yours truly (via our dear Pattye) of course LOL ... we call it a pirate pearl. Sliding knots on the cord, as pirates might wear it long, but have to shorten it to hide if there's swashbuckling to be done :)

Too cute :D

I made my sons ,6 and 8 yrs old, sliding knots bracelets with tahitians too and they absolutely love them. Now my older son is after my fireball pendant after i told him it's called a fireball pearl (he went "a fireball!, whoa!!!") LOL

My DH has a Tahitian on a cord but he usually only wears it on beach vacation (which isn't often enough for me - both the wearing and the beach!)! It's 12-13 mm with copper overtones. Hey, maybe I should wear it!?

Oops, I've totally forgotten to bump this thread with a update!

Back in June, I had a bit of a scare. We'd been out poking around a jewelry store and I was trying to subtly fish for ideas of likes and dislikes. she shared that she really wasn't terribly interested in pearls. Uh Oh!!

Our anniversary rolls around, and it's time for the reveal. Much to my relief, her first comment was along the lines of, "I've never seen anything like that!". As it turns out, it's more that its the "traditional" white pearl strand that isn't really her style. I think both of our eyes have been opened to the depth of variety in the pearl world.

Lisa C - I could see wearing a crazy-colored circled tahitian on leather from time to time. Though not being much of a jewelry wearer, I could also see it driving me nuts to have around my neck!

Well, gosh darn, so she liked the pendant? I was all ready to buy it from you! lol! But in all honesty, how could a gal not like it? The color is spectacular! I've recently fallen for the Tahitian craze too and love the varying degrees of color they hold too. And I agree, photographing them is so difficult. The ones with great luster pick up colors from all around them, they also bounce colors off them too. I took a picture of them with a bright pink shirt and hated the way the pearls looked (in the photo) so I had to change my shirt.

amti - Heh, sorry to disappoint, but the pendent is staying here! The colors look even more amazing when its worn.

Back