High karat pearls

m4816K-beautiful pieces. I love the look of high karat yellow gold. If only it looked good on my skin--wish it did!

Sueki--beautiful bracelet! and necklace!

Actually, you need to edit the first post and give the actual internet address for each picture. That is so much easier than fumbling around looking through each dot.com

Here is a tip: When you copy a link and return to your post, type the companies' .dot.com first, then highlight it, then click on the globe with a link on it, right above your post. A little box will come up. Insert the internet address you just copied into the box and hit OK. The dot.com address will now link to the page the photo is on.

Of course, you can always email the company and ask for permission to post pictures of their designs. Give our dot.com address so they can look at this site. Tell them we are an educational site have a very large number of readers with top producers and a broad array of other pearl professionals and lots of buyers, and that you will properly use the links so that interested readers can go to their site. If this step is too much for you-don't do it, but let me know.

First part is done, I'll e-mail the companies later today. Thnx for the tip!

m4816K-beautiful pieces. I love the look of high karat yellow gold. If only it looked good on my skin--wish it did!

Know what you mean; remember seeing some Indian 22k earrings on a caucasian woman with light complexion - just doesen't look the same as on a darker skin. It can actually look weird...:(

But those with darker skin can get away with light gold easily - it's not fair:mad:

:)

Sueki - thank you for the close ups! I'd swear your work just gets better and better. Love the leaf clasp bracelet too. The beads on theTahitians (near the clasp) are exquisite!

Nora - yes, I've wondered about your avatar for a while now. I also thought it was some exotic piece from a museum somewhere - lucky you - what stunning earrings!

Kaywal - sadly, I just can't wear high karat gold against my skin either. That, and platinum silver SS's both make me look unwell.... I can wear small beads though like Sueki's..

Sueki,

beautiful Tahitians and the "grape clasp" is very nice!

m4816k and Kaywal,

I find 22 and 24 kt jewelry great for any complexion. I think that it is only a matter of getting used to this very rich color.

Hallary Clinton wears Gurhan earrings and no one can claim that they do not look fabulous on her..... The jewelry that was made in Mykene, Greece, Rome, was 22 kt. and the population was not dark skinned.

So maybe all you have to do is to try again and look at it differently.....

Jerin, Eli bought me those earrings in Mykonos last June. Here is the link:

http://www.lalaounismykonos.com/

Lalaounis has shops in Athens, Rhodes, Mykonos, New York, London, Paris, Geneva, Zurich and Tokyo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nora,
I've adored your earrings for ages.

Nerida, the necklace isn't my work - bought complete from Druzy.
But thanks for the compliment. :)

m4816k and Kaywal,

I find 22 and 24 kt jewelry great for any complexion. I think that it is only a matter of getting used to this very rich color.

Hallary Clinton wears Gurhan earrings and no one can claim that they do not look fabulous on her..... The jewelry that was made in Mykene, Greece, Rome, was 22 kt. and the population was not dark skinned.

So maybe all you have to do is to try again and look at it differently.....

Jerin, Eli bought me those earrings in Mykonos last June. Here is the link:

http://www.lalaounismykonos.com/

Lalaounis has shops in Athens, Rhodes, Mykonos, New York, London, Paris, Geneva, Zurich and Tokyo.

Well, Greeks and Italians aren't exactly pale - maybe they are compared to most Indians, but sure aren't compared to most Europeans.

Anyway, here's how "certain actresses" wear lots of karats:D

Attachments

• SigourneyinYossi.jpg
    SigourneyinYossi.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 12250475451press115200793953pm.jpg
    12250475451press115200793953pm.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 39
Well, Greeks and Italians aren't exactly pale - maybe they are compared to most Indians, but sure aren't compared to most Europeans.D

Well, some were and some were not. I'm enclosing examples of fair skinned ladies.......;)

10.jpg

parisienne.jpg

pom18.jpg

Ancient Greeks were fair-skinned and had a surprising number of blondes and redheads. Today, after all the conquering going on, most of the population is mixed.

Something to consider with high-karat gold is the specific hue of the alloy and how it will work with your coloring. I have very light olive skin and have rings from Robert Elliot in 22k which I wear next to one from Reinstein Ross in their 20k "peach" gold alloy and the colors are complementary yet definitely different. And, back to our topic, they look great on.

I am also very fair, with light freckling and hazel eyes, white hair. I love the high karat gold, with the more matte and brushed finishes. But I wear lots of silver also. Love your earrings, Nora! Seems to be more choices now, in finishes and availability of various colors of gold; for so long there was nothing but 14k shiny available for the general population here in the US. We too easily buy into the marketing ploy of "you have to be this to wear this." Jewelry is really a small (but important!) part of the over all vision of a person. We should wear what we love and feel confident about it! Just my opinion----again-----

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Last edited by a moderator:
Good points Nlerner! Maybe I am just used to seeing myself in white gold and platinum. I am half Asian with an odd combination of olive undertone and rosiness in my cheeks--from my Dutch father. I think high karat would look good on me when I am tan, but I try to stay out of the sun as much as possible these days.

Perhaps I could start small with a fine chain and pearl pendant. I'm always game to experiment!:D

Pattye, you are absolutely right, fashion and marketing are very influential.

Personally I consider jewelry as small sculptures, I treat shoes the same way too......

Pattye -
Very well put! Thanks!

Nora -
We must be made of a similar ilk - I think jewelery is small art I get to wear around everywhere. And shoes are pretty much the same opportunity for art IMO. :)

Pattye, have you any pale silver grey pearls..I've found from customers that this colour looks fabulous on those with grey or white hair.

Hi Wendy,
Yes, I have silver grey pearls, and I agree that they do look fabulous with pale/light skin and hair.
There is, indeed, something very flattering about the colour.
I find that it's an intriguing colour, too, as people often ask about them when I'm wearing them.

I think jewelery is small art And shoes are pretty much the same opportunity for art IMO. :)
Exactly Heidi. :)

This photo of Cheerlize Theron, another fair skinned blonde wearing Lalaounis from her personal collection, was sent to me from Mykonos Lalaounis store.

sharliz 640.jpg

Thanks Theo, George (this time a real one.....;) , Edward and Roberto.

Back