Hanadama Akoya Necklace and Earrings

Alex

These are the pearls that probably started the whole "pearl thing" off

they were bought many moons ago as a Christmas present for BV

I think they are still kind of the senior pearls in the pearl drawer, as they are definitely the oldest and are very shiny !!

There has been a bit of pushing and shoving in the drawer from time-to-time though, with the arrival of the Kamokas and the Sea of Cortez

The necklace is 7.5 - 8.00 are earrings are 8.5 - 9.0 mm

Oh, and the flowers are Thalias, for Narcissa

'Tropical Twilight' necklace. 28 inch, off-rounds 8-10mm. Deep pinks, lilacs, lavenders and purples My ~ROMANCE~ rope. 65 inches combining 12x8mm pink, lilac & blue keshi, 9mm round metallic lilacs, 7 RoundWhiteHighLustreWithMetallicGoldenPurples - 30 inch, 9mm whites and 7mm incredibly metallic gold Pearls and flower pearls and flowers

thanks Caitlin - here are a few more, a bit closer up

Attachments

• H 92.jpg
    H 92.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 36
  • H 95.jpg
    H 95.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 36
  • H 91.jpg
    H 91.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Very cool, Alex! How would you describe the difference in luster between the Hanadama and the metallic freshwaters that you have? I just got my metallic freshwaters from Pearl Paradise and they are very mirror-like and to me seem similar to Akoyas, but I don't have a strand of Akoyas to compare directly.

Hi Lulu - now that is a good question !!

you would be best off asking Jeremy in a PM

as I understand it, metallic freshwaters (round) are not yet available in whilte, whereas Akoyas are not generally avialable in the colours that you can get in metallic freshwaters

There are baroque excpetions - here is one from PP - which is staggeringly beautiful

pearl paradise baroque pearl necklace

Last edited:
This is one of the two or three white metallics Jeremy has had. They are my favorite white pearls. This one is not mine though it is identical except maybe size.

white metallic pearls from pearl paradise

You have such artistic talent, Alex. Beautiful photographs!

- Karin

Alex, That's the truth. Your photos are absolutely gorgeous!

Wow Alex!
Such beautiful pearls you and BV are blessed to own.

There is enough fire power in that drawer .... you could have Pearl-War-Three start up in there. Look out - be careful opening that drawer.

:D Linda.

hey thanks everyone - there's some really nice words there :eek:

Kat - I used to have an Canon Ixus 60 which I absolutely loved, but then deceided to upgrade to a Panasonic TZ7 'cause I wanted more zoom. But I never got on with it, so it just ended up in a drawer (which I think is what happens with cameras if they don't work for you). So finally, I sold that and Blaire helped me look at some others. I have a new toy now (hence my bombarding everyone with pearl picis !). It's a Canon S100, which I am still finding my way around. It's a compact with minimal zoom, but has the full range of manual options, in addition to the standard auto mode. I love it.....

There is enough fire power in that drawer .... you could have Pearl-War-Three start up in there. Look out - be careful opening that drawer.

Hi Linda, did you ever see Pulp Fiction, where a briefcase occasionally gets opened, and this glow comes out of it (although you never actually got to see what was in it.....)

I think it might have been pearls, 'cause the pearl-drawer has that kind of glow too :cool:

Durn you guys, I'm trying really hard NOT to fall in love with Hanadamas, and you are not helping at all!

hey Pattye - this made me think of the line that Dian has at the bottom of her post sigi

Resistance is futile!

LoL ;)

here are the last of the Thalia ones

Attachments

• Lalaounis + 1 dollar pearls.....
    Lalaounis + 1 dollar pearls.....
    28.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Baby Samuel - a few minutes old....
    Baby Samuel - a few minutes old....
    30.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Lola + Akoya
    Lola + Akoya
    27.7 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC 6805 (685x1024)
    DSC 6805 (685x1024)
    18.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Alex:
Yes, "Pulp Fiction" is one of my favourite movies (despite all the violence).
I never thought of pearls; that's what might be in that brief case! Good thinking.
Linda.

Back