Hailun pearls

Raisondetre

I don't know if it's spam, but I got sent a message randomly from this ebay store, don't remember ever buying from them to be honest.

http://stores.ebay.com/hailunblue99

Some of the pearls look good, but I have been burnt too many times on ebay to actually want to risk it.

I haven't bought from them Raisondetre, but I think they spammed me when, through my ebay history, they saw that I had bought pearls from other ebay vendors some time ago. I used to get lots of random stuff like that.

Just checked them out - well, it would definitely be a hit or miss, wouldn't it? Not too much there to fill you with confidence, but sometimes you luck out.

Last edited:
They must have a lot of time on their hands to check out every person who's bought pearls ... what will they think of next! Nope, not going to risk it just because they were dishonest about me buying from them previously. It's the principle ... if they can be dishonest about that who knows what else they are misrepresenting. Caveat Emptor!

If you have them in your favorite sellers list because you were watching some of their items, you may be on their mailing list.

Almost 2000 transactions this year and really strong feedback... if you want inexpensive off-rounds for some reason, I don't know what higher recommendation you'd need.

Definitely not on my fav seller's list. In terms of recommendation, I generally prefer to buy from vendors PGers approve off. Of course, there are so many pearl vendors on ebay it's impossible, but eventually one makes it above the rest of the crowd and comes up with relatively consistent feedback. Almost every seller on ebay will have positive feedback, especially so if the buyers are either not experts or have realistic expectations about what they're getting. When I buy beading grade I expect beading grade. But I just hate it when people spam. I may yet change my mind if someone steps forward to say they have great pearls, but until then, they're not getting my money.

I'm also one of those crazy people who scan a couple thousand feedback for the neutrals and negatives to sift out the reasons. This seller has quite a few shipping/packaging problems, though a few were due to unrealistic expectations. I'd still give it a pass.

Last edited:
I also scan the feedback to see what the story is. In this case I notice that the transaction amounts average very low and they sell a LOT of glass jewelery and other costume jewelery items. I, too, would give them a pass. We know a lot of reputable vendors around here.

Here's an interesting link for you. http://www.toolhaus.org/
This gives you all negative and neutral feedback for ebay sellers! Very Useful.
I got the link somewhere oh here, but can't remember what thread.
Robin

Back