Guess?

Boo,

Loved your humor too. Although, I think the people who fly in trans-Pacifi(already purchasing the air ticket) should get a prize for showing up. What kind of prize, I leave that to Jeremy. lol I hope it doesn't come down to that though. I would soon be outbid by some of the collectors here. Then I would be doing the big BOO HOO on the way home. ;)

Boo, you have me rolling this morning. This is just what I needed after waking up to so many glitches in this morning's offering:D Only about 25% of the pieces are up and ready, which is not a good way to start the sale day.

I promise that after next week (this coming week is the second busiest week of the year) we will sit down and discuss what to do with the special pieces. The private offering side is the most likely route.

Yowza! Lavender strands!!! Be still my heart. :D

I would soon be outbid by some of the collectors here. Then I would be doing the big BOO HOO on the way home.

Salem, the beauty of the reality show format is that those of us who have inadequate funds to win bidding wars againt more well-off entrants would be able to gain our prize pearls using our pluck and perserverance. We would be pitted against one another in ridiculous contests that alternately rely on strength, wits, strategy, stubbornness and dumb luck. Like the one where we all jump into a shark-filled tank to dive for oyster shells hidden in the sandy bottom - only one shell has the winning blue stone inside, the rest are all red. The more shells you can grab before you run out of air, the better your chances are... (Of course, the sharks are all well-fed, non-aggressive species, but they will add to the cool factor)

I wonder how much it would cost to have a pool installed in our vault...! We are next to the Pacific, so sharks would not be a problem.

On the bidding side, that is not how I would imagine such a private offering. The entire concept would be to make pieces that are really special (not really expensive) that are impossible to market on a large scale (due to supply). This way they would go to people that really do appreciate them. If they were on the main Website, no one would have a chance at them. This is the same reason we keep all sales private (like the one today). But it would just be private on a smaller scale...

Jed
Very nice. Very very very nice indeed.
But now that we've all placed our orders - before dawn for some of you guys I guess - what we will all need now are some nice baroque drops earrings (various colours of course to satisy all our varing needs). So once you've finished sorting out the special page and had a quick cup of coffee do you think you could get straight on to the earrings? :D

Seriously, I'm thrilled with my choice, all are truly georgeous, but whoever gets FWN000-101 is a very lucky girl indeed. They would have been my first choice if the budget had stretched.

Susan
6pm in the UK

This is turning out to be a very fun morning . . . .

Thanks for the advance warning, Jeremy! I placed my order, too. Not sure if it will be the only one today, though!

Happy Friday, everyone!

Perle

Susan,
You are absolutely right. That was going to be my next e-mail or phone call to PP. What about drop earrings?

How about it Jeremy? Any loose baroque left over? :)

Wewt! I just placed my order as well :p I'm really looking forward about these freshwater pearls and people's reactions to them when they receive them! All those strands look wonderful (I got myself a pink colored one...lavander isn't exactly "me"). This will also by my first Pearl Paradise order as well so I'm real excited now ^o^

A fun morning indeed. I got to be the comic relief in more ways than one, as Jeremy learned firsthand why I will never have a career as a floor trader on Wall Street - I don't multitask particularly well, especially not when under pressure. :eek: But still, I suspect they will eventually figure out just exactly what it is I meant to order, and all will be well.

Jeremy, while using the free, locally-available sharks would certainly be easier than building the pool in the vault, think how much you guys would enjoy kicking back poolside with some umbrella drinks at the end of the day. You are certainly earning them today!

Oops - never mind. I see that you were merely planning on transporting local sharks into the vault pool. See - it's a great plan...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, after much thought and loss of sleep(can't sleep anyway, so no worries), I decided to pass on the baroques, lovely as they are. I just coudn't decide on one, and since i have the order in the the Pearl Outlet, it just seemed excessive. I did order two strands of the white rounds. They are for my mom and mil, so I thought traditional is better. If you see my order, please feel free to select the strands for me.:D I am sure they will love them!

The white rounds meaning the Mother's Day special (which is fab, btw...I was tempted on snatching a strand of those too!) or the usual collection of white freshwaters PP offers? Just curious :)

Only 25% is up? You mean you've got more? Oh my poor wallet! I was already having trouble deciding whether I should get pink or lavender, finally decided on lavender and you tell me there's more to choose from???

But thank goodness you let me know early. The one I picked out really spoke to me. For some reason (maybe it's my screen) the pinks kinda looked washed out but the luster and orient's lovely. I notice lavenders are generally more expensive than pink. Is it just volume? There are some more expensive lavender strands with crazy orient but I prefer darker colors - just has a more exotic feel to it.

How did you get the SOLD thing to show up on the webpage? After I ordered I was clicking frantically to make sure the SOLD thing appeared - didn't come up till after I woke up this morning (i.e. almost afternoon for you guys). I mean, a girl can't be too careful ...

Hey Caitlin, I snagged this one. Which one did you get?

http://www.pearlparadise.com/detail.aspx?ID=1335

I also noticed the lavenders are selling more quickly than all the other ones.

Last edited:
Back