Gold with lemon diamonds

purlgurl

Any guesses? I was always too embarassed to show my lack of knowledge when selecting pearls, so what is this? & did I get ripped off?:eek:
Its a soft warm colour, definitely off shape, but lovely luster.

Attachments

• small031.jpg
    small031.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 34
  • small035.jpg
    small035.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 44
  • small042 (2).jpg
    small042 (2).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 35
The question seems to be about the price paid. So... what was it? Otherwise, if you like these semi-round pearls, then you have just found another fan of the kind right here.

I love the combination of cape diamonds (yours seem of deeper color?) and pearls of similar mellow shades! Only recently had discussed this - quite the coincidence to see your choice here :cool:

Would have probably had the setting lighter (I tend to be terribly conservative and partial to classic references in everything, not just jewelry though... not insisting everyone should!), knowing all too well what it takes...

2c

I think the pearl looks gorgeous, to me it looks like it have a really deep, golden colour.

And I think it works great together with the setting and the diamonds, it's like a perfect match to me. I normally prefer yellow gold but I think that would have been too much in combination of the golden pearl and the yellow diamonds.

Looks to me like a lovely golden South Sea pearl. A fun and modern setting! At first I thought yellow sapphires----look is wonderfully wearable and young with the black cord. Can't help wondering how it would look strung on a necklace of 3 strands of small ivory-gold fw or SS (impossible to find) keshi instead of the cord for an alternate and more formal look-----

Can't help wondering how it would look strung on a necklace of 3 strands of small ivory-gold fw or SS (impossible to find) keshi instead of the cord for an alternate and more formal look-----

OOOOH! Yum! thats the beauty of working here, I can change things like that at will,(or when a great idea presents itself!) Thanks Pattye. I tend to put pendants on neoprene, as it is inexpensive, and helps to sell the much more gorgeous Omega necklaces.
On the hunt now....
If only all of life's dilemas were so much fun....

It's a beautiful design. Modern and beautiful. I didn't know that lemon yellow diamonds existed.

Cheers,
SR

Purlgurl that is a stunning piece. I love the white gold setting, and I would like to see Pattye's alternative version as well. Beautiful GSS, off round, nice colour. Well chosen!

Well thank you everyone! Yes I designed it, as you can see from the scribbles the raw materials are lying on. The lemon diamonds inspired the hunt for a beautiful golden pearl. I thought that the white gold would be a good contrast. I am fond of crisp geometry as a counterpoint to the soft organic glow of pearls.
It's in my sunny front window now, on a busy street in one of the more upmarket suburbs of Melbourne, (right nearby to Bernadette, which makes it even classier...) and I have taken it out to show a few people. So far, its still for sale....& I will be sort of sad to see it go, its one of my babies.

Beautiful pearl. The lemon diamonds are a great color. GSS are some of my favorite's also. The luster of good SS's is so amazing.
Oh, and round is pretty boring. The shape of your pearl is great. I'll take off round/baroque with luster and orient any day.
I adore your design. Great work!
barbie

Well thank you everyone! Yes I designed it, as you can see from the scribbles the raw materials are lying on. The lemon diamonds inspired the hunt for a beautiful golden pearl. I thought that the white gold would be a good contrast. I am fond of crisp geometry as a counterpoint to the soft organic glow of pearls.
It's in my sunny front window now, on a busy street in one of the more upmarket suburbs of Melbourne, (right nearby to Bernadette, which makes it even classier...) and I have taken it out to show a few people. So far, its still for sale....& I will be sort of sad to see it go, its one of my babies.

Did you fabricate it yourself, or do you have a bench jeweler working for you? It's very sleek. ;)

Can't help wondering how it would look strung on a necklace of 3 strands of small ivory-gold fw or SS (impossible to find) keshi instead of the cord for an alternate and more formal look-----

Oooh- don't tease! :cool:

I really like the setting that was made- very sleek.

Last edited:
Thank you all so much!
Those cute little lemon diamonds twinkle at me as I go past...
I'd like to do a few more in that style, & I have some black diamonds I could use with a particular tahitian.... or some emerald baguettes...

Rich South Sea Pearl. I am always a fan of Canary Diamonds though and it looks like a great combination. Curious to see how it would look dipped in Yellow Gold and put through with a 20 inch plus long yellow gold chain? Seems like i am in the mood for Yellow today?? Lacking the Sun over here in Dubai! Well done on the piece it looks great!

Natural yellow diamonds are quite rare - would these be colour-treated? It is a GORGEOUS setting! Really makes the pearl look like an orb of gold!

Back