Giant Size Melo Pearl with GIA report how to ..?

melopearl

i recently got few pieces of Giant size melo pearl all with GIA certificate

I do not know how to take care of them, anyone have any ideas?

Also, people asked me to make it into jewelry like rings, or statue or anything to increase it value. some said not. What should I do?

Here is one of the few melo pearls that I have.

Also what and where is the best way to liquid it?

One more question, the value of the Melo Pearl is depends on size? on shape? or color? which one is most important? some told me, the rounder the better, some told me the more orange the better.

thanks
!Bq!q7ZgBmk~$(KGrHqQH-DgEuZbC2bi0BLt5!DeuhQ~~_12.JPG

!Bq!q8lwCGk~$(KGrHqYH-CQEu2UK2)nfBLt5!HSLs!~~_12.JPG

!Bq!rNPgCGk~$(KGrHqUH-CsEuZHwroHsBLt5!-pY4Q~~_12.JPG

Melo melo

Melo melo

Hi,

That is a very fine specimen you have. Where are you? I am on my way to Asia and might be able to arrange to look at it up close. There are many large melo on the market, but most do not have GIA cert.

My personal email is DrTKStern@aol.com

Or you can look at our website www.sternpearls.com

Thanks,
Datu Dr. Tom Stern

Melopearl,

Welcome and thanks for the great photos. Lovely pearl! Sounds like you are going about it the right way, by getting the GIA certs.

My feeling is that you should not have the pearls made into jewelry, they should be sold as loose pearls. The person who purchases the loose pearl may want to keep it as a collectors item. When someone spends alot for special pearls, they often have their own ideas for a jewelry design and have something custom made to their specifications.

Someone else can best answer your questions about care for your lovely pearls. Good luck! I don't know how HKD translate to US dollars.

Good luck! I don't know how HKD translate to US dollars.
Hammer price on the earrings of 920,000HKD is about 120,000 US dollars.

Seems to me melopearl knows exactly what he is doing?why the thread here is a puzzle, although of course it's much appreciated.

Ken Scarratt, who did the positive ID on melo pearls not so many years ago, told me that at one point he kept track of all the certified melos and their provenance and could count them on one hand?much like Nautilus today. Although melos have since proliferated on the world market, pricing appears to be holding well!

melopearl,

Not sure what you mean when you say "liquid the pearl." Do you mean liquidate, as in sell the pearl? Or are you thinking something else? It seems like you are storing it properly, carefully wrapped to protect from damage. I would think GIA should advise you about proper care. Did you ask them?

Back