G&G Pearl article by Jeremy Shepherd

R

Richard W. Wise

Just read the excellent article Continuity and change in Chinese Freshwater Pearl Culture by Doug Fiske and Jeremy Shepherd published in the Summer 2007 issue of Gems & Gemology the journal of the Gemological Institute of America.

The article provides an excellent overview of the current market together with some excellent photos and an excellent chart that illustrates the alternative nucleation options in Chinese freshwater mollusks.

For those interested in the current situation in the Chinese market, this article is a must read. Under the editorship of Alice Keller, G&G has become the "Bible" of International Gemology. At $74.95 per year it is the best deal in the literature. The publication is produced on the highest quality paper, the color reproduction is second to none.

Congratulations to Jeremy on an excellent article.

Richard W. Wise

OK, Jeremy, I think it is time!!-----

Pattye
so many pearls so little time

Congratulations

Congratulations

Congratulations Jeremy! I received my copy of G&G yesterday and it was outstanding. I can't wait to read the less conservative version for the Pearl-Guide audience.

I have spent a long time lurking on Pearl-Guide, yet I still can't get over how generous you are in sharing your wealth of information. Many have the knowledge, but few easily part with it.

Of course, that same generousity goes for the special group of people on Pearl-Guide. I have come here many times to find the answer to non-mainstream questions. "Shell pearls" or "Kasumi pearls" -- what are they, really? I can always get the answer here and I appreciate it.

That's one reason I never had to post. I always found the answer without having to ask:)

Thanks,
Blaire, aka GemGeek

Thanks everyone. I am glad you enjoyed it.

I think it is important to point out that I did not author that piece alone. Doug Fiske from GIA's course development was my co-author. I admit that he spent the most time polishing that article up.

I am shooting for Wednesday on the P-G version. It could be a good week, with the baroque akoya coming out and all ...

Last edited:
I look forward to reading pearl-guide at the end of every day. I have become "addicted" as my husband says. I am really going to look forward to this week especially with Jeremy's article becoming available to us on the forum. I am waiting by my computer! HB,Caitlin.

jshepherd said:
I am shooting for Wednesday on the P-G version. It could be a good week, with the baroque akoya coming out and all ...

That's what we love to hear, an eagerly awaited article AND a the baroque's. Happy week indeed!! Hey, once the notices go out to all our eager mailboxes, how about dropping a note here, just to make sure we all got them. Can you tell I am paraniod about missing out?:eek:

Back