Found pearl in oyster, wondering of worth?

JohnHeffner

I found an underdeveloped pearl that is not fully round in a Bluepoint Conn Oyster I got from Whole Foods Grocery Store, (a grocery store specializing in organic all-natural, responsibly raised meats and seafood). (I assume "Conn" stands for Connecticut.) I steamed the oysters really well before I ate them. (They got really hot.)
The pearl is smooth to the touch and pretty dense and hard. (Smooth to my teeth but did not feel the other side that is underdeveloped. I'm not sure I needed to do that.)

I assume this is not worth much, but wanted to get your opinion. Do I need to classify myself as a new millionaire?
thx, john h

Attachments

• IMG_0600[1].jpg
    IMG_0600[1].jpg
    61 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0603[1].jpg
    IMG_0603[1].jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0606[1].jpg
    IMG_0606[1].jpg
    72 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0607[1].jpg
    IMG_0607[1].jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0616[1].jpg
    IMG_0616[1].jpg
    68 KB · Views: 112
Thank you! I will keep your reply and the article you sent, and I'm going to save both pieces of the oyster shell, put it in some kind of decorative container (I assume needs air), and let it be a conversation piece in the house. cheers!
(Wow, what a quick reply! Like, I sent this like an hour ago or so.)

You could even place the pearl in one half of the shell, and display it that way...it's true that pearls benefit from exposure to the moisture in the air (not in a safe.)

Back