Follow the "Power of Pearl" Film Crew into the outback!

I know how much work goes into your film, but hurry! ;)

Haha we are working as fast as possible! Just in case anyone is interested, today we just finished sorting through 18,000 photos, finalized the organization system for the 20 terabytes of footage we have, and began organizing and syncing clips. This may not seem like a lot, but all we have to do is raise the rest of our editing funds and put this baby in the can!

Its been a while since we posted anything and with the gem show just around the corner Taylor and I thought we better put up something pretty unique.

IMG_2631.jpg

IMG_2643.jpgIMG_2636.jpg

While we were shooting in Australia one of our pearl farmers, James Brown, took us to a Bardi community celebration in Beagle Bay. While wandering around with our friend Jub, we happened upon this amazing 100 year old church made mostly of mother of pearl.

I posted these on Facebook but what I didn't tell everyone was that we did a really special interview with the granddaughter of the man who had built the church. She spoke to us about what her grandparents went through during the missionary days and how much the MOP shell meant, and still means, to the aboriginal communities. While this may, or may not make it into the film, it is something that we fell is very important to share with you and will be able to post the interview as a special feature after we are completed.

I'm looking forward to hearing her story. :) On Marutea there is a chapel decorated with the dark pinctada margaritifera shells. Mother of pearl is a beautiful thing.

How lucky to stumble upon such a treasure! I will be looking forward to that interview as well.

Wow! What fantastic photos. I very much need a boat on wheels in my pearl world! Have all the fun you can and keep up the great work!

Back