Fiji J Hunter pearls Savusavu

Simply amazing colors!!!

I didn't know pearls fall out when harvested too long. I would have thought harvesting longer would be beneficial or maybe even mottle the nacre instead of the oyster kicking it out. Very interesting!

Finally set the keshi, next will be the bronze gold pearl.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thank you for your kind words Katbran, JerseyPearl and KaySD.

The ring was made by David Klass LA, he is very popular and pretty reasonably priced, especially for fellow pearlies living in the US. I think he has a shop front as well, maybe it's worth a visit at the next ruckus if you have time.

It's 18k rose gold with mixed shade of light pink sapphires melees, I think around 3.4x cts, sapphires are quite a bit cheaper than diamond melees, which I think was at least 1k more.

I sent him an inspiration photo after consulting some lovely ladies on PS, and his team did the rest. I meant to leave the back of the ring unpaved but didn't get around to email him before it was finished.

Last edited:
Kelluvpearls your ring is stunning! Great job. Hand shot please, we need more photos!

Dear Tucs I will post more photos when it's at my house, might be next week. Thank you for dropping by!

I hope the cyclone pass Fiji by without too much damage. Although any storms will effect the nutrients in the sea. It's risky business being a pearl farmer. Thanks for the update Pattye.

Just googled news, it looks quite bad, Fiji is a beautiful country with wonderful people, I really hope they can minimise the damage and no one gets hurt.

Oh no this is terrible news! Thank you for the update. Gosh I really hope everyone's safe and those poor oysters stay alive and well through all the rocking and rolling!

Hopefully the worst of it is almost past, Leanne's post from 45 minutes ago,
"Thankful it hit during daylight. Holed up in guest bathroom now as our master bedroom door shutters flew off. Most terrifying experience. Hopefully eases soon."

Jacques, so many concerns, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Thank you for the news Pattye ... praying for the safety of our friends and all in Fiji ...

Back