Facette No. 18 issued - lots of pearl-related articles

pearlgem

Hi everybody, I just wanted to let you know that the recently published "facette No. 18", the e-publication by the Swiss Gemmological Institute, has a focus on pearl subjects and contains some quite interesting articles on natural pearls, beadless cultureds entering the natural pearl market, cultured pearls with natural pearls as bead material and so on... have a look on the above link!
greetings,
Sven

Great articles! Thanks for sharing, I am trying to learn more about the industry and these pubblications are so useful!

pearlgem,

I agree, great articles and thanks so very much for sharing them with us. I have only had a chance to quickly go through at the moment but wow. I believe there is a magazine that is available in America called "Pearls", please do correct me if I am wrong. I read about it ages ago but it unavailable in Australia. If anyone knows of where I could get it would love to know, anyway I could get hold of it would be great, secondhand or whatever.

Looks this Facette Magazine might be available in Australia so I guess I should look up the "Swiss Gemmological Institute" and check it out. Just not enough available in Australia. A draw back from living the other size of the earth from most continents.

Articles on beadless cultured pearls I need to read earlier in the day. Also articles about spinel gemstones. One of my very favourites. Wow.

Thanks again,

Dawn - Bodecia
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 - natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover.

Dawn,

Thanks for your post! "Facette" is always available on the website of the Swiss Gemmological Institute, there are quite some back issues available on their website http://www.ssef.ch/ for download. Some quite interesting stuff!They issue "Facette" once a year, always in january.
Regards,
Sven

Back