EXCEPTIONNAL See X-ray of a Natural fish-shaped pearl.

Hamoniaux

See

X-ray of a Natural fish-shaped pearl.

Natural fish-shaped pearl is exceptional and unique in the World.

Rayon X   Natural Pearl with a form of Fish.jpg

The X-ray shows the successive layers of nacre without any presence of nucleus.
no fish skeleton .....
it is a Natural Freshwater pearl.

Natural Pearl, without human intervention.
it was chance, The Nature....

the perfect likeness of a fish is a beautiful coincidence of nature.
(the resemblance is perfect for 2 sides of the pearl )

the Freshwater mollusk That made the fish-shaped pearl was an Artist.

the analysis did by French Gemology Laboratory in Paris

Natural Freshwater Pearls
of 2,13 Carats
meusurements : 21,3 x 6,2 x 2,8 m

See all Photos on Album.

Hamoniaux

Attachments

• natural pearl form fish.jpg
    natural pearl form fish.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 39
  • natural pearl form fish (3).jpg
    natural pearl form fish (3).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 67
Cool.

Now the question is, what to do with it so that it shows off all it's charms?

Hang it as a pendant off a little hook in it's mouth?

It is very cool indeed!

Maybe a setting that shows it off without any drilling?

I'm imagining a brooch that is like a plaque with prongs to hold the fish. It would look like a trophy hung on a wall. ;)

I have a few moments to comment publically. I and a natural pearl trader uncovered a journal in the wall of a house he was going to
rebuild. Sounds like TV but it isn't. The journal described the early clamming on the Mississippi River and its tributaries. Read late
1800's and early 1900's. What I would call virgin bodies of water the mollusks had "pearlized" animals. I guess it is not as unusual or
rare. One must remember the monks of China did the same with carvings of Buddha couple centuries ago. I have a cowrie shell that
was "pearlizied" in Vietnam 5 or 7 years ago.
I would not drill it and I think a hook positioned with it is a good idea. Maybe a miniature art work is a better use than jewelry. I would
a stainless steel or carat gold fish hook to prevent rust;
pearl-man

Such an interesting pearl, Hamonaiux!

Pearl-man, that journal would be fascinating to read ... has it been published anywhere?

That's one neat pearl! I would probably set if off with gold framing the body, maybe even adding in a gold fin, a gem in the eye (although it is pretty cool there is already an eye). I would not want to drill it for sure! Gold framing it would also allow for showing of both sides. Let us know what you decide to do with it!

I have not seen pearls the exact shape of an any animal before this. I do have a pearlized cowrie shell from Vietnam.
Rem: 40 years of traveling the upper Mississippi River Basin . Nearly every jeweler had a customer who brought in some pearls of one kind or another. Pearling wasn't the motivating industry but rather button making.
We must remember that before the button hole making machine only royality could afford something looking like buttons. Most fabric was joined by hook and loop or just joined by tying Thousands of men up and down all rivers made buttons all hand done. Some factories had 20-50 workstations for production. Gathering clams was a some what easy way for ordinary folk to make money because the factories paid by the ton. $2.00 ton. in late 1800's.
Clammers cooked them to remove the flesh before the factories would accept them and in the process pearls were found. Hundreds of pounds of slugs and only a few round or nearly round. The actual number of gem pearls to "slug" is not known only guess. 1-2 per 100,000's... The author of the (Wisconsin Pearl Rush Spring 2012 Wisconsin Historical Society) pearl article and I as his 'official' researcher have found some interesting details of the industry and its ramifications... There are two grand children of prominent Mississippi River pearl traders still living and i know one still has his grandfathers journals. I don't blame him for keeping them close to home. I believe many of the finest natural pearls of the 1880's to the 1920's are US origin. I am going on and on sorry.

Never seen such a "fishy" looking pearl before. Way cool! Thank for posting this Pearl Man.

Back