Etsy seller - CebuPearls

I stumbled upon this seller a few weeks ago too, I have sent the seller several messages through etsy with some questions regarding some of the pearls, and one through the email she has listed as well, and she has not resonded to any of them. I would never buy from a seller that wouldn't respond to communication. Bummer, because although many of the pearls look fairly blemished, there are a few that I was really interested in! If you have any better luck, please let me know :)

Thanks for sharing your experience Maiakity! I have sent this seller a message too through Etsy but have not received a reply. Will let you know if he/she does respond.

I bought several pearls from this seller on November 5th and am still waiting...I am in Hawaii though and Singapore is far. The last pearls I bought were from the Philippines and that took a little over a month to arrive. The pearls look beautiful online but I'll let you guys know how what they are like when I receive them....hopefully soon.

Thank you for chiming in!!!! Please let us know when you receive the pearls and how they measure up to your expectations. Some additional pictures wouldn't hurt either if you are willing :) Did you order them to be drilled, or undrilled? I'm curious about having them drilled (or half drilled) since I don't know anyone locally that does it.

Hi Maiakitty. I ordered the pearls undrilled because I have a drill and hadn't decided how I wanted them drilled. I read a post on here recently about cracked pearls and now I am scared that they may crack during the drilling process due to thin enamel...Just have to wait and see. Hopefully they'll arrive soon. I'll keep you guys posted when they arrive.

Update: I tried contacting the seller twice, no response. I have since filed a paypal and etsy claim against them but before I did this there shop was no longer available on etsy most likely due to someone else filing a claim against them. This is a shame, the pearls advertised were very nice looking. I guess there are scam artists everywhere.

Does this mean that Etsy is more strict about stopping bad sellers? If so, my confidence in them just rose a notch above eBay. Or maybe the person got sick and meant to close the business, but didn,t? Anyway, I am glad you recorded the story here.

Wow, thanks for the update! I hope you get your money refunded, I'm glad that I didn't go ahead and purchase something (like I really wanted to!). I did find this seller on etsy who DID respond to communication and has some nice items, unfortunately she didn't have exactly what I was looking for, but she was very nice and her feedback is good! http://www.etsy.com/shop/IndoSeaPearls

I also found this shop where I DID purchase a pair of golden SS's for earrings, hopefully they'll arrive this week! Seller was very nice and helpful, sent me pics of several different items for me to look over and choose from, some of them weren't listed yet. http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheMerryBead

Good luck, and I hope you have better luck with your next purchase, thanks so much for the update!!!

Oh! IndoSeaPearls is awesome. I ordered 2 south sea and 1 tahitian pearl from her several months ago but haven't figured out what I want to do with them yet, they are stunning. They took a little less than a month to arrive. I was really hoping cebupearls would hold up to the same standard but alas.

I feel etsy is better than ebay, it caters more toward small crafters and artists and if someone files a complaint about a shop the shop is disabled until the conflict is resolved (at least that is what happened in this particular case). I have had a small shop on etsy for just over a year now and enjoy it very much....I have focused more on shells that I have collected from local beaches (Hawaii) but am slowly branching out to pearls. The more I learn about them, the more I love them.

Thanks for your response Maiakity!

Hi Erika

thanks for your update. I have been holding back from buying from Cebu Pearls until i heard your feedback/

are you able to get your money though?

Hi Chipahoy,
I paid through paypal and have filed a claim. Cebu Pearls has until December 17th to reply to them. Paypal offers buyers insurance so I am expecting to receive a refund but will let you know how it all plays out.

Thank you for the mention, both Erika and maiakity! :)

Erika, I'm sorry for your experience. I hope PayPal will help sorting it out soon without much hassle..

Ah-Ha! So IndoSeaPearls is your shop!! Beautiful pearls you have, I've been looking in your shop daily, I love the pair of white baroques you currently have listed! I had been wanting some golden ones so I haven't bitten yet, but I might just have to take the plunge :)

Thank you (again) maiakity :)

I recently got some new baroque and drop golden pearls, but unfortunately none can be turned into a matching pair as you requested before.. Good luck on your search for the yummy golden ones :)

Did you notice, guys, what Indah is holding in her hand on her new Avatar?????

This is what a call a pearl with a big WOW factor!!!!!

Hi Perlinda! Love your pearls and your shop (I stalk it almost daily...). It is great to see that you are on here!

Hi Erika! Thank you, I welcome you anytime. I often check your etsy too, lovely items you have there! :) Btw, how is it going with the paypal refund process?

Thank you Ivona, I just want to share the pearl to other PG-ers ;)

Oh, aren't you sweet :) Paypal and Etsy saw that CebuPearls was at fault and told me 2 days ago that I am getting a full refund, yay! It will just take a couple days to transfer into my bank account.

I think Etsy is stricter than Ebay if you go to them with a problem. I'm sad that it's grown so big though that there are so many scammers there. I still do my pearl police thing when I feel like there is a "real" person on the other end.

Back