Endless SSP+T

Incik Boncuk

I spent a very nice hour today knotting an ombre strand of baroque SSP+T into a 35"-ish endless rope.

I have done knotting in the past with silk. After reading so much about it, I ordered Beader's Secret from Pattye the other day. FOUR minutes later, I got a shipping notification, and two days later I had my thread! Thank you, Pattye!

This thread is just amazing. I've always used tweezers for knotting, but they were completely unnecessary with this thread! I do believe I need more pearls, so I can get more colors, so I can do more knotting . . . ;)

I went with plain 'ol white for this one, so as not to distract from the colors in the strand.

ssp1.jpg

ssp2.jpg

ssp3.jpg

ssp4.jpg

ssp5.jpg

ssp6.jpg

You did a wonderful job, and your new necklace looks fantastic!

Thank you, CathyKeshi, 86Corvettegirl, Charlotta & Gemandpearlover! I love it and wore it all afternoon - until my neck muscles got tired ;-)

Incik, Your ombre necklace is absolutely gorgeous and I'm so happy to know the thread made your knotting go more smoothly! Clearly your knotting/stringing skills are already excellent! Yes, bring on the pearls!

Spoiler alert, Pattye . . . some more are already on the way! ;-)

Thanks again for such fast and fantastic service! I keep looking over the color chart you included in the kit - the range is so much better than what I used to find with the silk thread. Once I have some more pearls in my hot little hands, I will use the chart to decide which colors to order next.

Agree about Beader’s Secret, and that is a wonderful rope! Great knotting, too.

What a fabulous necklace you have made! And your pearls are lovely - great lustre. Your colour progression is wonderful, how many strands did you have to buy to get that lol ??? Are these from Wen ?

Thank you, Katbran! This one one strand - I knotted it in exactly the order it came to me. I bought it from Cees, my first purchase from him. :)

Back