eBay "Lap of Luxury LA" FAKE South Sea Pearls - Platinum Triangle Estate Jewelry

I don't understand why people who try to sell things fraudulently aren't arrested more often. It's hard to believe that's legal.

Well the important thing is you got the incorrectly labelled pearls taken down. Don't let the rude response get to you Pattye , you did the right thing and they have grossly overreacted ! Probably angry that they overpaid for them to begin with and now they are stuck with a $100 strand of Fireballs . But then what do we know...? We're just a bunch of "no it alls" lol

JerseyPearl - I know! When I read that I chuckled a little bit about the irony.

Well...we do say "no" to it all! (at least to what's posted on Ebay that is!). Tee hee!

Well, take a look at this listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-PLA...40276306?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item2a4a9aa952

The same seller claims to have a GIA certificate...when in fact, the "certificate" is simply just an appraisal from a completely different place, Gemological Appraisal Laboratory of America. The thing is signed by someone who claims to be a "Graduate Gemologist GIA". A GIA certificate is not an appraisal...two completely different things! Whether or not this seller has intended to deceive, is unclear...but I would run as far away from this listing as possible.

Shocking, really. If you see her putting this up again, please just inform her to eBay as a fraudulent seller.

The eBay clearance price for diamond rings is typically ~10 - 20% of the appraisal. So, with a 30 K appraisal, that would be worth ~4 - 5 K may be (and similar items sell for about that). Nothing apparently fraudulent about this listing (unlike the pearls), just not even close to the right price.

The seller claims to be selling a GIA certified diamond. The "certificate" shown is in fact simply an appraisal. There is no corresponding GIA certificate. Whether or not the seller deliberately intended to make a false claim, I don't know...but as a buyer I would run as fast as I could away from this seller.

I am surprised people had spent thousands with this vendor, the listings look amateurish, hopefully the products were worth the price they paid for it.

Back