• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Ebay Find- Wilma Flinstone Tahitian Strand

Gemandpearlover

So excited- I just received these today and promptly restrung them. Forgive my terrible Iphone pics. This is an estate strand that was 20 inches but I removed some pearls when I restrung them. Seller listed them as 12-15mm and he was sure they were real pearls, but not sure what type. I made an offer and he accepted. :)

I could only find small flaws on two pearls. They are big!!! I am a small person so any pearl over 10mm looks too big on me but I love big pearls anyways. I strung them with Beader's secret sky colored thread and put a SS marcasite clasp. Thanks for sharing in my excitement.

Lightbox Pic:

Lightbox.jpg

Outdoor Pic (Pearls are dirty here but they cleaned up nicely after I washed them):

Outdoor Tahitian.jpg

Neckshot in Bad Lighting (Very grey and gloomy here):

Big Tahitians.jpg

jeg

Traveling Pearl
What a fantastic find, Gemandpearlover! I’d be super excited, too!:D

Gemandpearlover

Thank You Pearl Dreams, Jeg, Pattye and Newberry! :) I love beading pearls (inspired by so many member's beautiful necklaces) and was searching for interesting pearls clasps. I find that on Ebay it is cheaper to buy a vintage pearl necklace with a nice clasp than just a clasp alone. I wonder how the strand would look with colbalt colored Beader's secret. I have been dying to try out that color on a strand.

86Corvettegirl

OooLa La!!! What a wonderful necklace!! Congratulations on finding these beauties!!!

Charlotta

What an amazing ebay find. It's haven't had any luck on ebay recently, snd it's not ebays fault. I find stuff, put a low bid, plan to watch the auction, forgets about it...and someone else buys it. And I get emails, I just think that I am going to look later. I bidded on a vintage clasp this weekend...that someone else bought.

eolian pearls

What a glorious find! You really have an eye for ebay treasures, Gemandpearlover!!!

lary007

What a lucky find!!! I do love a great deal on fabulous things.

Gemandpearlover

Thank you Lilpearl! :)

I was able to grab an IPhone pic of Wima that shows the luster of the pearls. :)

Wilma.jpg