Double Strand Akoya Bracelet and their length

orb0554

I just purchased/received a double strand Akoya Bracelet and one of the strands has one additional pearl than the other. Is this normal or should both strands have the same number of pearls.

My GF questioned why one strand has the additional pearl. I do believe the strands are about the same length as the pearls are between 7.0-7.5mm.

What is the consensus on strand length?

The pearl strand on top is usually a bit shorter than the lower one to help it sit better, so the number of pearls probably won't be exactly the same on both strands. I don't think you have a problem per se (of course if it's REALLY different to the point that it looks strange to you, contact the seller!)

Eric is right if it were a necklace, because a necklace hangs vertical you want the inner strand about an inch shorter so it nests nicely inside the outer strand.

Since a double pearl bracelet hangs differently then a necklace, the lengths of each strand will should be strung to equal lengths. Because the pearls are within a size range(7-7.5mm) and not all uniform in size, its not unusual to have a different number of pearls, as long as the lengths work out the same.

When in doubt email the seller though - they should be able to provide more info.

I will double check the length of the strands to make sure they are identical. The strands do not have spacers so different number of pearls is not noticeable.

If the strands had matching number of pearls would you recommend spacers?

Thank you for the comments.

If the strands had matching number of pearls would you recommend spacers?

not really, unless you wanted to created a different look - they should be matched for length not number of pearls.

Back