Deltah Couturier Necklace

LadyOftheWoods

pearlchoker1PIC.jpgpearchoker2Pic.jpgpearlchoker3PIC.jpgneclace1FB.jpgnecklace2FB.jpg
I recently inherited this beautiful necklace and was wondering if someone could tell me anything about it .I believe it to be vintage from the 40's perhaps ? I don't care so much about its value as I do about it's history .The original owner had just turned 99 when she passed recently .

It is a small necklace or choker containing 50 cream colored pearls of all the same size .10 rhinestones with 4 large pearls and 3 small pearls on each side { 10 total pearls . } dangle from the necklace .

I have taken several pictures but could not get an of the clasp { will try later } Each end of the pearls contains pieces of the rope from which they were strung .The clasp is made of sterling and has two small rhinestones on each side with a a hole in the middle { maybe missing one ? } and stamped Sterling on the other side .

I also have the original blue velvet box it came in although it is not in the best of conditions.

Thank you

Last edited:
LadyoftheWoods,

Welcome, What a pretty necklace and it looks like it can be repaired and restrung fairly easily. Rhinestones will be easy to replace. Very cool to have the interesting box.

This company was popular back in the 40's it seems for their imitation pearls. I did find this reference.

You might check Ruby Lane and ebay for other vintage Deltah pieces from this era.

What a darling necklace and it looks well-kept! Yes, Deltah was famous for their fabulous fakes. Pattye is right - I think a little internet searching might be in order! :)

I added 3 new pics so you can see the necklace and clasp area better. It is in great condition and does not need to be restrung or have any rhinestones replaced
unless i want to put one on the clasp .I need to clarify that when i mentioned the string i meant at the end of the pearl strand near the clasp .

thank you for your help .....

Back