Circled pearls: why do they grow like that?

Oh what is it an inspiring theory, I love it more and more!!!
Calling a newspaper already for a good column:D
Well again, It seems obvious to me. Somehow there is always a need for people to believe the worst. Every time they find some ancient ruins with a pile of rocks in the middle they always assume it must have been for human sacrifice. Maybe it was for launching spit balls. You just have t look past the conventional wisdom sometimes. :)

These are gorgeous pearls, a modelling photo to see how it sits will be great.

OK, here we go.
Sorry, I failed to make pictures in the daylight - can not explain why...
But I LOVE this strand!!! I have some physical attachment to it :)

Olga

untitled5-vi.jpg

untitled1-vi.jpg

You look gorgeous, Olga! Next time please also your whole face, thanks.

Yes, I can see why you love it! So shiny, gorgeous, versatile and fab on you! You don't have to explain "pearl-love" to any of us!! Thanks for modeling!!

Oh yes - thank you for modeling those beautiful pearls. I can see the wisdom in that necklace length all too easily!

Wowee !
Beautiful, Olga. :)
You've made my mind up for me - THANK YOU.
My Tahitians have been on the bead board for months now 'cos I can't decide whether to make a rope or separate necklaces.
Seeing your photos. has decided me - a rope it is....

I am glad it looks inspiring :)
The idea of a rope came from the form of the pearls: smallish and roundish.

There is one more advantage in having a rope of Tahitians: not only people around see it, but I can see it MYSELF(!!!), a rare pleasure with necklaces... - therefore no need to run to the mirror every 5 minutes
(which, in turn, is very positive for the family spirit :D)

There is one more advantage in having a rope of Tahitians: not only people around see it, but I can see it MYSELF(!!!), a rare pleasure with necklaces... - therefore no need to run to the mirror every 5 minutes
(which, in turn, is very positive for the family spirit :D)

Yes, Olga,
I have to agree with you.
I've been wearing ropes more and more as I just love to be able to see the pearls when I'm wearing them....

... and don't forget about the marvellous sound ropes make when you wear them!

Just yesterday I was watching 'The Great Gatsby' with Robert Redford. The time of F.Scott Fitzgerald, large parties by Gatsby, quick dances, long elegant ropes on each lady flying with the music... What should it be a sound!

(Sigh),
Oh, yes, the sound....
And the wow factor, and the luxurious feel of the pearls around the neck, and the fact that I can constantly run my hands over the pearls and feel their silkyness....
Stop now before I re-make every shorter necklace I own into a rope....:D

Hmmm...I have some plump 8-9mm white baroque CFWPs that I've been wondering what to do with. I have enough to make approximately a 54" necklace -- is that too long? How long should I make it optimally? I could make one 18" and one 36" I suppose....

Same goes for some 7-8mm peacock baroque CFWP of which I bought multiple strands-- how long a rope?

How long - well speaking as the person who made the 10foot long 10-11mm white pearls necklace - never too long!

Sueki and Wendy said it already when it comes to my opinion----

And the wow factor, and the luxurious feel of the pearls around the neck, and the fact that I can constantly run my hands over the pearls and feel their silkyness....

------never too long!

Even in the most boring situations one has something to play with when wearing a rope!

I recently discovered for myself a very successful combination of two similar starnds, 36 and 18 inch, which look as a nice retro together but can also be used separately. I find it also more convinient than one long rope because the shorter part keeps it length and does not tend to strangle me.

Here is a photo of how they were first time used together at a wedding party of my son :). (In fact the 18 inch is akoya, and the longer one is FW)

White1836-vi.jpg

Love your wedding stories, Olga! You are proof that playing in one's jewelry box can have a surprising and lovely outcomes!! Those look great together!

Back