can some one help me is it natural?

Rameez

hello
i need help regarding these pearls although i know its not easy to say it confidently by just looking at the pictures but still need your help

. bbbb.jpgdddd.jpgeeee.jpg20160429_225156 aaaaaaa.jpg

the story is ... a client claiming its natural and he also claims that he got an offer of $75000
here we donot have labs where we can certify them so we have to consult each other and there is monopoly of few with little knowledge about pearls

if its cultured then there should be bead inside which will be visible in x-ray?
sorry if i am illogical because i have no clue or idea so i hope you understand
thanks for your help

the story is ... a client claiming its natural and he also claims that he got an offer of $75000
here we donot have labs where we can certify them so we have to consult each other and there is monopoly of few with little knowledge about pearls

Those are cultured pearls.

If your client was offered 75k, they're a fool for not accepting it. Even if they were natural (which they aren't) they would not be worth 75K.

may be he is lying

We hear stories like this all the time. The difference being the outrageous (if not ridiculous) price offered for these. In cases like this, they often suggest they have family or lifelong friends that have been in the pearl business for decades and have impeccable reputations in identification. All nonsense.

These present with typical features of over-mature growth during the aquaculture processes. Rounded bodies with calcified distal shadows is common. They have patches of calcite that lowers the value further which allude to age, technique and species. Overall, the surface quality and symmetry are low to poor.

If your client was certain of their origin, they could have easily spent the $300 lab fee to certify these, making $75K a justifiable sale.

X-radiography will undoubtedly reveal a shell bead nucleus, but insist the seller pay for it. Likewise, you could probably candle these and find all of the characteristics of bisected growth fronts on the bead.

Last edited:
They look like those early experiments in freshwater bead nucleation to me. I have a few strands left which probably will be thrown out their worth and quality is so low. see photop_green_comets_1559.JPG

Back