Buying Tips in Japan

L

lauren

I'm going to Japan in September and I'm looking for any recommendations on where to go to buy Akoya pearls. I am not in the industry and no very little about pearls other than what i've read. I'm looking for any great reputable places to go. Thanks so much for your help!

The best place in Japan for Akoya is Kobe. Are you going to be visiting Kobe? If so let me know and I will send you an email with a few wholesalers.
One thing to remember -if you buy from a jewelry store in Japan you will not save anything. Prices are not lower there just because they produce the pearls. But you can do very well from wholesalers. They just do not advertise to the public so you must reach them via recommendation.

Send me an email if you will be going to Japan (Kobe area). We only deal wholesale, but I can help you find a good store where they will give you a good quality for a fair price.

When you are surrounded by pearls, it can get very confusing and you may not end up with the best quality pearl necklace. On top of that, pricing will typically be more than what you would pay at online pearl stores in the United States. If you choose to purchase pearls in Japan, I recommend going with a high quality sample strand so you can compare new strands to it.

Back