Blue Akoyas

This feels like just as good as any place to post this pic. This special little guy is from our very own Kat Bran. I asked of her an impossible mission and she came through with flying colors.

This is an Australian Akoya Keshi Pearl, it is my newest keshi earring and I love it:

KB AKOYA KESHI.jpg

Here it is along side Kamoka's Tahitian Pearl Keshi Earrings:

KB ALOYA KESHI 2.jpg

(These are small little guys i.e.... Keshi)

I've had this little guy for a short while, it is has taken me sometime to get it posted here (Sorry KB) but she has all the details on this very special pearl ;) I'm rather lucky I think.

I think it was here I read the GIA article on Australian pearls Patteye posted last year and filed it away in my memory banks.

Australian akoya? Didn't know there were any!

It is a gorgeous color.

I love that I see you wearing that little guy on your IG posts ! I know he's well loved. Glad we found exactly the right size and colour out of my little passel of pearls ! Thanks for posting his photo !

PD - As far as I know there is only one Akoya farm here and I wrote to them two years ago asking about Keshi and specifically blue. The blue are pretty rare and some were a bit too grey for me but I bought what I could. So that little pearl for BPD was meant for him as it's quite rare. It needed someone who would appreciate it. I could have sold him any number of Vietnamese Blue Keshi but these Australian ones are super hard to get. The farm has now sold to a larger company.

So interesting Katbran!

The pearl clearly went to someone who would appreciate it!

That Keshi is super lush, lucky you

That’s marvelous Katbran that you were able to obtain those gorgeous Keshis, they are hard to obtain.

I was lucky to go to Broken Bay pearls, which is an Akoya farm in New South Wales approx 6 years ago around harvest time. The pearls straight out of the Oysters were truly amazing, and I still have fond memories of that magical day.

They have joined with Cygnet Bay pearls and created “Pearls of Australia” representing both Akoya and South Sea Pearls.

That Keshi is super lush, lucky you

That’s marvelous Katbran that you were able to obtain those gorgeous Keshis, they are hard to obtain.

I was lucky to go to Broken Bay pearls, which is an Akoya farm in New South Wales approx 6 years ago around harvest time. The pearls straight out of the Oysters were truly amazing, and I still have fond memories of that magical day.

They have joined with Cygnet Bay pearls and created “Pearls of Australia” representing both Akoya and South Sea Pearls.

Thanks Bernadette, MSC and Patty and BPDDC for your post and great photo! They are all gorgeous !

Bernadette - how wonderful you were able to go to Broken Bay- they had invited people last year but I wasn't able to go. I was talking to Cygnet Bay last year and they seemed pretty happy to be adding the Akoya Farm . Some day I'll get to a Harvest .. somewhere !

KB no thanks needed. Not to get all mushy, but I really love my little keshi pearl studlette and very flattered you took the time to experiment on my behalf! TO paraphrase what PD says, it has indeed found a very happy home on my earlobe. Thanks again, next up that GSSP Keshi :rolleyes:

Back