Blaire's Vacation Loot

G

GemGeek

Okay, it's time for me to post my purchases before I make another installment on the pearl tour.

First stop Tahiti, and I picked up a green tahitian pearl pendant.
tahitian pendant.jpg

Then, being a set-girl, I had to have earrings. These are greenish with a slight peacock. The pendant and earrings have more color than I can photograph. I might need to take a photo in the morning light.
tahitian earring.jpg

Ah, New Zealand, land of the Eyris Blue Pearl and my new best friend, Roger Beattie. Actually, I purchased each of these in a different jewelry store at retail - two stores in Akaroa and one in Christchurch.

The first was the pendant. A gem-grade Eyris Blue Pearl. This was also on the green side. Set in rose gold, it really pops. Then after a short walk, I found the earrings, hand-made in heavy 18k gold.
Eyris Blue.JPG
Notice the elegant paper towel background. Use what works, I always say! ;)

One earring is greener and one is blu-er. Er?! They are B grade and you can see the surface stuff that earns them that grade. But what color!

Then I was completely baaaad and bought the ring. There was only one and I snatched it before anyone else could get it. The gals in our group were serious shoppers, so I had to act fast.:)
blaire ring.JPG
This one is a B grade and it has some of the conchiolin markings of the Mystiques, which can only be A grade. The nice thing is that I can see it. I rarely get to look in a mirror to see my earrings and necklace, so I love rings.

I have to post part two, because I want to put more than one photo. So read on...

Part two:

Then we went to Darwin, Australia, where I thought I would be safe, since I already have circle' Paspaley earrings and pendant. Ha! I went with Leslie to have a look at pendants and I ended up buying one. Of course, Leslie got away with her pocketbook intact.

They save the very best pearls for their store, so I was swayed by the quality. And believe me, I purchased the most affordable one they had that was BIG.:) They locked the doors and I was their last customer on our last day in Darwin. At least a couple of the women purchased strands!

The many moods of Blaire's new pendant...

ssp on shell.jpg
ssp on bag.jpg
ssp on hand.jpg
ssp backlit.jpg

I am so silly!:)

I'll be broke forever, <sigh>

Look at all that beautiful jewelry! I was hoping you'd post pics of your loot :)
Those blue pearls are very pretty and unique. I also love the shell setting on the tahitain pendant too. I'm sure you'll have a great time wearing them all.

Casey.R said:
Look at all that beautiful jewelry! I was hoping you'd post pics of your loot :)
Those blue pearls are very pretty and unique. I also love the shell setting on the tahitain pendant too. I'm sure you'll have a great time wearing them all.

Thanks Casey. I'll have to wear them a lot to get the cost-per-wearing down to size! :)

Cheers,
Blaire

Beautiful jewelry. Thanks for posting the pics and all the related stories. I feel like I sort of went along with you on the trip. (Except I don't have the fab jewelry, or photos, or memories . . . OK, never mind. It's been fun to read about.)

I wanted to share my experience as much as possible. I've been so blessed to get a spot on the tour. The pictures really help to tell the story. Unfortunately, I have to photoshop them to get them down to size, so Australia will have to wait until tomorrow night.

The tour wasn't about a buying trip. It was a learning adventure. Of course, the buying was an adventure as far as my credit card was concerned! :eek:

Blaire,

I just Love, Love, Love it all!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

LOL, that's what I was wondering! Shopping vs. Education! What a buying junket! Let's see, love the Tahitian, great setting, you know I'm all about the blues, that South Seas looks like you've got quite a lot of personality in it. I love it all!

The Tahitians are set in silver, right?

Yes, the Tahitians are set in silver. The back of the pendant is textured to look like a shell. I managed to get a good deal. Most of the stores wanted about twice as much. They were from Herman on the main drag.

Everything looks fantastic! But.... I am so drawn to the blue ones that's not even fair :(

The setting of the Paspaley pendant looks so pleasingly modern.. amazing how they can anyone make a simple bale 'speak' of a style. Pretty cool, methinks :cool:

What did you think of the Paspaley Aussie pearls compared to other south sea whites elsewhere?

Valeria101 said:
What did you think of the Paspaley Aussie pearls compared to other south sea whites elsewhere?

Are Paspaley whites different? What I do know is that they have such a beautiful operation. Everything is finely tuned to achieve the best possible results without waste. Like a well-oiled machine.:)

I have seen a lot of other good South Sea white pearls. But you have the assurance that they keep the best of their pearls for their own lines, so if you purchase them directly, you shouldn't be disappointed. Their strands were universally magnificent in every shape and type. And yes, you can't see the knots!

Hi Gemgeek,

You did very well with Your purchases. The Tahitians look great together and Your ring is magnificent...

Thanks for showing us the pictures and telling us about the trip. It was really interesting and fun to read Your report and Jeremy?s who had other things to say - very nice to see things from different points! I wish I could have been there too... luckily for my credit card I couldn?t:D.

jerin said:
Hi Gemgeek,

You did very well with Your purchases. The Tahitians look great together and Your ring is magnificent...

Thanks for showing us the pictures and telling us about the trip. It was really interesting and fun to read Your report and Jeremy?s who had other things to say - very nice to see things from different points! I wish I could have been there too... luckily for my credit card I couldn?t:D.

Thanks for the compliments on my new jewelry. It sounds funny, but it was hard work. I stress over having to spend so much money, but worse is getting home and regretting that you let something precious get away from you and it's now halfway around the world. ;)

Beautiful vacation loot! I know exactly what you mean, I often agonize over spending too much or acquiring too many things all at once while on vacation then regret not getting that perfect something when I get home;). Well, for your trip, not only did you bring back beautiful jewelry, you also brought back beautiful memories! Thank you for sharing.:)

Pernula

Thought I would never find this! I wear the white pendant and the abalone jewelry more than just about anything else. :)

Love the abalones! What's your ring size? ..if you ever get tired of it.. my birthday is on January 21st :D ;)

Maria

Back