Black strand from Indonesia.

Oh dear... it amazes me that someone would think that unbalanced look would be acceptable. I'm glad you straightened him out...definitely don't let him send it without sending a photo first. His designing ability is now suspect.

But, they are some BIG pearls ! I do hope you are happy with the final product ! Keep us posted, wishing for a happy ending !!

Here is another shot of the necklace! I really like it! Especially the gold flower clasp is so pretty with the black pearl in the middle. It looked more uniform and cohesive now!

Attachments

• 20171024_175028.jpg
    20171024_175028.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 31
It's much prettier with the Tahitian pearl in the clasp. Also they look more balanced now. Plus, without a center pearl, you have a spot to hang an enhancer from if desired. Maybe there's a way to get one to match the clasp?

It's much prettier with the Tahitian pearl in the clasp. Also they look more balanced now. Plus, without a center pearl, you have a spot to hang an enhancer from if desired. Maybe there's a way to get one to match the clasp?

Cmd it is very possible. All I have to do just tell him to make me an enhancer exactly the same with the clasp. But my wallet is dying atm, Ive drained all its blood to make this necklace hahaha so...I need to put it in a wallet hospital n wait for it to recover for sometime.

Asurazzy, The strand is still not balanced. Ususally there is one big pearl in the center and still there is too many links on the right side.

LFS, I'm not sure what part you see as unbalanced. There are 18 caps on 10 pearls, the last two of which have no cap on their far side. Since there are an even number (10 pearls) it's best not to have a larger center, but rather divided equally between both sides. Since there are 9 small gold beads, the mid point bead is center. To my eye, it looks symmetrical.

Hi LFS. My necklace is never usual so the word usually is never counts hahaha. Kidding!! The numbers of the pearls are devided equally with the sizes also considered gradually to be similar on the left side n on the right side. To me it look ok n balanced. Btw the gold bead in the centre is jointed with the 2 caps on each side. The shape is like a bow kinda. Or a candy with its wrapper if u know what I mean.

Ill have it here in 2 weeks so Ill post neckshot n see how it look. I can wear with the caps at the front or the clasp at the front. If it look not so good with the caps at the front I can order an enhancer just like Cmd suggested.

I think it will look beautiful as a non-graduated strand without an obvious centre pearl (if it were obviously graduated, it would need a centre pearl, but with them evenly matched up each side, I don't think one is necessarily needed - although you will know more when you see how it hangs). I love the clasp, so I think you will get lots of looks from it (clasp forward, clasp to the side, caps forward, and maybe even some day, clasps forward with enhancer).

Back