Black peacock buttons

pearlescence

purveyor of pearls UK/EU
I think I mentioned on another thread that there weren't many big buttons or drops around this Hong Kong, and not many blacks generally, but I thought I would post this pic of a pair of 12.8 buttons I found - the lustre is so good you can practically see the whites of Mary's eyes taking the pic! e black peacock studs on silver aaa 3483.jpg
In the pic, natural light they are peacockish with green and purple, while under the fluorescent light here over my pc they are that sort of pinky coppery aubergine colour.
I may have to have these for myself!

GF!!! Where are they on your site? How much? What sizes?

That explained it! I was looking under loose Tahitians.

Dyed black freshwaters are among the most interesting of pearls, aren't they? The big ones are excellent substitutes for Tahitians and the dye jobs just keep getting better. I can see why so may ebay sellers want to say they are Tahitians, but even when they they do, they mostly don't dare to sell at Tahitian prices. The lower price is their reason for being able to sell them. At least before the Edisons came along...

Sidenote: I absolutely love the colors of the Edisons... Are they the ones that produce the kasumi-like pearls? Or are those other people trying to get to the smoothness of the Edisons. And, do they dye any of them black?

Phew
I love the colours of Edisons too,a nd yes the kasumi-ish are Edison-ish as well. I also got some 9-10mm white Edisons last month - just got a strand knotted and will do pix when can.

Back