Attention pink lovers!

pearlescence

purveyor of pearls UK/EU
I got these in last week and just started to make up a couple of strands - the depth and intensity of colour is just amazing and the lustre is metallic mirror on most of the pearls.
they are a little bit stunning.

Last edited:
Oh,wow! Those are stunning! I am not usually a fan of dyed pearls, but I would wear those in a heartbeat.

These are for Pattye to see

These are for Pattye to see

I was telling Pattye about these newly in pearls and she insisted I post them. The colours range from pale rose pink to deep purple, with lavenders, blue.grey, gold, all with superb to metallic lustre and the round ones are spot on round too. Sizes for the baroque are 12.5-15mm for the lavender/purple/pondslimes and 10.4-14.4 for the peach to golds
The rounds are roughly 9.5-11mm and the colours range from a white with a gold overtone (amazing) through pale rose pink to purples with blue/grey lavender.

Last edited:
Wendy, these are absolutely gorgeous! I'm glad Pattye talked you into posting them.

Wendy,

Thanks for posting the photos! Is this a case of "Look, Ma, no tail (as in fireball)??" Are they all bead-nucleated or are some tissue nucleated?

Those are awesome! Love the colors and size!!!

IMO, I feel it is important to have a photo record here of the development and transition of bead-nucleated freshwater pearls as they get rounder and larger and more blemish free!

Hi Wendy,
love the baroque pearls! They appear to have some unique blemishes - are these spots where not all of the pearl was covered in a layer of nacre?

I think raj is asking about the Death Star pearls - where a circular area of the pearl looks like it got ignored by the nacre depositing machinery so there is a spot on the pearl where the nacre is less deep than the rest (for instance, the pearl at the end of the pink strand as well as a trio on the right section of the gold strand). Similar to the part of a candy apple that sits on the waxed paper so it doesn't get coated like the rest? I have a number of larger tissue nucleated pearls that have this look, too. I don't know myself what the origin is, though...

Luckily, with tissue cultured pearls, it is just another layer of nacre below. Not sure what causes that type blemish either. I, too, have a number of these pearls ; many times that area is so shiny that in a strand of pearls that type of blemish is hardly noticeable. As always, I am a huge fan of the baroques!

Those are beautiful!! The hot pink ones are my favorites but as a redhead I don't think they would look very good on me -- but they are sooooo pretty and different! Thanks for sharing. Kate

Death Star pearls. Hmmm, interesting name there, Boo. I just knew when I flipped them over I would find some orient. I always wondered about that mark. Can't really call it a blemish. It's too perfect. Like it's man-made.

The tissue nucleated pinks - Which way did they go????

The tissue nucleated pinks - Which way did they go????

Hi guys, I can't find any pics:(.

That's ok. I just am still not confident w computer stuff, so I wondered if I was missing a place to click on, in my ignorance. Thanks Wendy and Blaire!

Back