29.2 KB · Views: 32
I can post more pictures if anyone wants to see them

I can post more pictures if anyone wants to see them

I was given 2 pearl necklaces for a present they are marked Mikimoto
they have the M trademark and SIL as well . I am attaching a picture
any help would be great thank you.

I can post more pictures if anyone would like to see them

Hello Brandi and welcome,

We don't have enough information about your pearl necklaces nor enough clear pictures yet to give our opinion. Please give sizes of the pearls, where the necklaces were purchased and how long ago. Please take the photos against a plain white background, showing the close ups and also the pearls themselves.

What is the story about the necklaces: What were you told? Does each necklace have a box? Please take a photo of of the box and any writing inside the lid.

I have sold Mikimoto Pearls, but never seen tags like that before, so I find them very interesting, including the red wax seal. Can you take a clear photo of the wax seal?

Thank you,

I have no information on the pearls no box they was given to me for my birthday the red seal on them is the Mikimoto trade mark same that is on the clasp. One strand all the pearls are the same size and the other are graduated. I will have to find a better camera then the one on my Iphone to show you more detailed pics of them.

Here are more pictures I hope they posted

Attachments

• IMG_1194.jpg
    IMG_1194.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1195.jpg
    IMG_1195.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG 0070
    IMG 0070
    25.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG 0082
    IMG 0082
    45.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1198.jpg
    IMG_1198.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 35
A lovely gift, most of us would be delighted to receive! Most likely authentic Mikimoto pearls, in my opinion. They need to be made into a finished necklace.

Thank you very much for the additional photos. Do the clasps say sterling, 925 or anything like that? 585? 750? 14K? 18K?

It looks to me like these pearls with clasp were never strung or knotted into a finished necklace. There is no gimp (french wire) on the ending threads near the clasp. It is just a feeling that these are older pearls, never worn. The pearls appear to have great luster, perhaps have also deepened in color somewhat from age. There is no way to know the actual grade of the pearls from the photos, but they seem to be good quality. Older akoya pearls often have thicker nacre from being left longer in the water than ones grown these days.

You might try contacting the Mikimoto company in New York.

Do you love pearls? Do you want to be able to wear them?

I was wondering if they were unfinished, since the clasp was only attached to one end and it wasn't clear just how it was attached. Great photo! Pattye is surely right and they are the genuine article. I hope you want to wear them. I would match them into one longer strand and enjoy them.

The clasp has the Mikimoto trademark and SIL is below it read that that meant Sterling Silver, I will for sure wear them on special occasions they are going to be put together and put in the fire proof safe. Also I did call the New York Store left a message. Pattye the picture don't even come close to showing how beautiful they are not even close.

Last edited:
Brandi,

So these gorgeous pearls will have a happy, loving home with you, excellent! Do wear them often and enjoy the compliments! (Safes are a dry environment, not the best for pearls.) Lots of care info in the other thread, but mainly avoid hairspray, lotions and perfumes by putting pearls on last and removing first~no sleeping in them, please!

We'd love to see photos of them after being strung, if possible.

The clasp has the Mikimoto trademark and SIL is below it read that that meant Sterling Silver, I will for sure wear them on special occasions they are going to be put together and put in the fire proof safe. Also I did call the New York Store left a message. Pattye the picture don't even come close to showing how beautiful they are not even close.

Oh please don't save your lovely pearls just for special occasions! Pearls love to be worn and it appears these haven't been worn at all. Pearls also need humidity, so I definitely would not store them in a regular safe.

Okay I have no knowledge of pearls at all they are my first. So thank you much for the information any and all is welcome. Pattye my birthday was just on the 19th I haven't had the pleasure of wearing them yet but will very soon.

Last edited:
better photos

better photos

Here are a few better pictures I took this morning

Attachments

• DWS 003
    DWS 003
    21.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1210.jpg
    IMG_1210.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 36
Back