Are these are rice Krispy pearls?

CharmedOne

I know I got a but carried away with buying these, at least that's what my hubby says LOL. But are all of these rice Krispy pearls? Thanks so much ~d

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 36
A few more photos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 36
Last one, sorry I only have an iPhone. I hope you can see the photos. Thanks again. ~d

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 37
Thanks BAS, I see the ones that I have that look like those on that thread are definitely RKP. What about the ones that are sideways? They kinda look the same but some of the shapes are different. Are they still RKP?

The belly drilled pearls are sometimes referred to as nugget shape. Your necklace is very pretty!

Thank you Marianne! So then they are all RKP then. The ones with the barrel shaped tri color clasp is the one I will keep I think. The rest I will take apart and make into something else with gemstones. The little flat ones are 2 1/2 to 3MM, so they won't be that fun to restring but I wanted to make a much longer strand. I looked up nugget shaped pearls and didn't see much. I just need to get a good book to reference. I appreciate all the help here. Thanks again ~d

C O,

If you don't have any books yet, a good one, reasonably priced, is PEARL BUYING MADE EASY by Renee Newman GG. Lots of photos, some from P-G members here! Cost is about $20. Of course Strack's PEARLS is great, but over $100. The little nugget shaped pearls can have great luster, but most I've seen and used are commercial grade.

I would only call the elongated ones that look like Rice Krispies, rice krispie pearls.

I would only call the elongated ones that look like Rice Krispies, rice krispie pearls.

I agree with Pearl Dreams. I wouldn't consider the "belly" drilled pearls as rice krispy pearls. They need that bubbly surface quality. It's amazing to see the progression of Chinese freshwater pearl quality over time - just think of Edison pearls.

Thank you PD and GG. That's what I was wondering about. My MIL liked the bigger 4 strand necklace (of course it's the one I decided to keep for myself lol) and wasn't finding anything like them looking for rice Krispy pearls. Thanks again ~d

Back