Any information would be helpful

nsport

My grandmother gave me her pearl ring. I think it is fairly old, but not sure. Can anyone give me a ballpark of what it may be worth. I included some pictures.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMAG0305.jpg
    IMAG0305.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG0306.jpg
    IMAG0306.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMAG0307.jpg
    IMAG0307.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0308.jpg
    IMAG0308.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 27
Well it is in a Mikimoto box but not sure why it would have Genuine Sodalite in it too. Has it any marks inside. They will tell if it is a Mikimoto pearl or not.

Looks to be a very nice pearl.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://stores.ebay.com/Dawns-Designer-Collections
Natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover

Where is the sodalite in the piece? In the top picture it looks like a plain band without stones, but in the second picture it looks like it may have stones. A Mikimoto ring would have value in the name, but the quality of the pearl is going to be most important in determining value in a piece like that. It's difficult to really make out the quality in these photos.

I cannot see any other markings. It is a plain band without any additional stones. What is the value of a pearl like this assuming it is low quality? What is the value if it was considered high quality?

If it has no markings on the ring and there is no sodalite in the setting, the ring doesn't not appear to belong to the box. The setting might not be gold either, and is interesting that it is a prong setting for a pearl.

The pearl appears to be around 8 mm and a lower-grade pearl could be had for around $50 and a higher-grade pearl could go for as much as $150 to $200.

Back