All My Pearls

Love the little krinkly ones! .. quite te surprise... wouldn't have thought...

How big are they?

And the smallest rounds?

The smallest rounds are oval shaped I'd say about 5mm by 6mm. The crinkley keshis are around 4mm by 6mm. I'm guesstimating because I'm at work.
I'm going to put a couple to a few of the crinkleys on my web page, probably tomorrow.

These are this weekend's work, but today's lunch time pictures. I sold the first lavenders at the farmers market where I have a weekly stand. I actually am surprised by what I've sold. I got together a lot of earrings etc. for quick sales, but actually sold the lavenders with the enhancer (I posted pics on one of the threads), and had an order for a pair of earrings to match, but didn't take a picture :mad: I sold the watermelon tourmaline necklace, a pair of Tahitian earrings, a couple of pearl earrings, and a bracelet. I also took a custom order and made a silver mostly kyanite enhancer with matching earrings. OK, didn't get that pic either. :mad: again. Pretty good so far.
I think these pearls are even nicer than the others. This enhancer has some opal, sapphire, tanzanite, some other stones, and that is a pink tourmaline drop. I am so in love with this enhancer thing. I love wearing them on chains, but I love what they do to a classic pearl strand as well. Got to make more. Oh my, so much to do, do,do, dah, dah, dah.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• pipepearl.jpg
    pipepearl.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 33
  • purpleflower.jpg
    purpleflower.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 37
  • purples1.jpg
    purples1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 40
  • purpleflower2.jpg
    purpleflower2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 36
Some really nice stuff there, and isn't selling both scary and exciting!? You have started a business - had you realised?

Some really nice stuff there, and isn't selling both scary and exciting!? You have started a business - had you realised?
Scary and exciting, yes, especially right now with the economic uncertainties. I told my husband it probably wasn't the best time to go out on the limb, but at least pearls, gems etc. are concrete commodities.
I'm working really hard at it right now, the website, Etsy, the market, and trying to look at every option and every way that my creativity and desire to do this could take me to some place. This forum has done so much for me. Knowledge, networking, connections, and I believe friendship. One of my goals is to travel the world and meet all of you! And of course Hawaii's not a bad place to visit. And Hong Kong in March. That's my hopeful first step.

You guys are the best!

Hi Sheryl,
The lavender strand looks great on you! I am glad to hear business is picking up at the market. If you are taking custom order, then your customers are local, not tourists, and you'll get more business through word of mouth. :) Best of luck.

My neck went away to college, so I just grabbed one of my regular theatre kids who happened to be wearing the right colors. I get so tired of positioning my neck so it doesn't make me run to the plastic surgeon when I see the pictures. lol (sortof)

These are my new favorites (and my neck). These are so crazy, I call them Drama pearls. I put silver beads between them because I wanted to have each one stand out. The colors are better than in the pic (of course) and I didn't even think I liked white pearls. I told my husband that I want to keep these, they are me. We'll see, but I'm not listing them yet. I know all the pictures look alike, but I love them :D. I'll take some close-ups of just the pearls.

Attachments

• crazy2.jpg
    crazy2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 42
  • crazy1.jpg
    crazy1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 38
  • crazy3.jpg
    crazy3.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 40

I have started a business. Busy, Busy. Back to the farmer's market on Sat. Thank goodness wonderful mate goes with me and helps set up the tent, table etc., while the little one moves everything around, puts sticks on my table, and kicks soccer balls at everyone that is setting up. I've been 4 weekends, and have been surprised that each one has been good. I have been stunned by the interest in the high end things. The market is aiming for a higher end crowd, and I guess it's paying off. I also found that I do better when I set up next to the woman who sells lavender lotions and facial scrubs and soaps etc. She has a great reputation, and between us we are a magnet for the female sector. This past weekend went really well, and the pearls seem to be being discovered. I sold the South Seas gold keishis, which was pretty surprising to me, and took an order for matching earrings, the strand of lavender pearls with silver, my second tourmaline strand, a lemon quartz necklace, 3 pairs of earrings, and took an order for a Tahitian extra long tin cup with siver chain. Not bad, and with lots of interest in other things. In addition to the market, I strung and strung for Mrs. Gould's strand (on another thread,), fell in love with that strand of crazy pearls on me, and put some of those keshi strands from above and other goodies on my web-site (gotta do the Etsy one too, some day). Also kept working on getting that pirate delivery. Wow, you'd think getting something from one island to another wouldn't be that difficult, but when you have 2 very remote areas, in 2 separate countries, one with a lot of Homeland Security, you wind up with a lot of middle man stops and problems. Hopefully I'll see them this week, but I told my husband it would be way easier just to fly over and get them next time. (I'm determined - maybe on the way to Hong Kong in March). So all that while I'm working on getting 2 plays going, teaching, mothering, wifeing (sort of), and spending too much time gabbing here. :rolleyes: I guess that's my cue to go. This is the lavender glow-in-the-dark second strand taken on me by me with Photo Booth, way too late in the evening. Cheers!

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 46
It sounds like things are working out for you. How wonderful that your husband is willing to help with the set-up. I love the white necklace - definitely a keeper! ;)

Sheryl,

Glad all is going well for you! Gorgeous keishi, and love the white keepers!

Here are a couple of new things. The Tahitians are awesome to work with, freshwaters from Sarah at Kojima, and some South Seas gold. Fun, fun, fun. The freshwaters have an enhancer that comes off topped off with Kamoka keishis.

Attachments

• fwneck.jpg
    fwneck.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 43
  • fwenhan2.jpg
    fwenhan2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 44
  • goldenneck2.jpg
    goldenneck2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 42
  • tincuprose.jpg
    tincuprose.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 36
  • tincupneck.jpg
    tincupneck.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 39
Earrings and another enhancer made with tourmaline.
Back to work!!!

Attachments

• goldens1.jpg
    goldens1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 41
  • chaintaher.jpg
    chaintaher.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 42
    16 KB · Views: 42
  • goldenrose.jpg
    goldenrose.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 43
  • goldener.jpg
    goldener.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 39
It's not all fun and playing on Mikeyy's lawn, I've been doing some work as well. Here are a couple of new pieces. The sun went behind a cloud, and the Tahitians turned color. They're somewhere in between, definite aqua tones.

Attachments

• tahchain3.jpg
    tahchain3.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 30
  • tahitianchain1.jpg
    tahitianchain1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 31
  • tahchain2.jpg
    tahchain2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 31
  • enhancergt.jpg
    enhancergt.jpg