Advice regarding pearl purchase..

Just to make sure folks aren't misled by my wrist shot of the twisted pearl necklace, here's a shot showing the smallest pearl next to the center pearl of a 6.5-7mm necklace.

I'm happy with smaller pearls, but a lot of folks aren't, with bigger pearls the norm nowadays. Around my neck I like bigger pearls as well, but on my wrist smaller and twisted is much better.
thanks for your patience.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Speaking of patience, pins and needles - any movement with your rope, peonyrose?

Last edited:
Cleared customs last night ( well, after I paid duties etc), so should be here by end of the week. Then I'll have to grapple with the IT side of things - I've never uploaded photos before, so you'll have to bear with me for a bit while I work it out ....

The waiting is hard (even vicariously)! You must be getting excited!

Ok, they arrived yesterday but I was out all day so only got the chance to play this morning....wow! What great pearls. The ulster is amazing, the overall colour impression is a dar/ medium charcoal green with light cherry and green overtones. I am now going to attempt to attach some photos. Apologies in advance if they either totally fill your screen, or don't work at all.

Here they are...

Here they are...

Not sure if this will work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 25
Ha ha, just me hanging about upside down! The first pic is inside, bright indirect light, second indoor sunlight, last worn as triple strand. As per usual, pics don't capture the overtones well.

More shots, worn as double, they look huge in these shots due to angle.

More shots, worn as double, they look huge in these shots due to angle.

Sorry about wierd angle/ perspective, but a good close up of the pearls

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 29
They don't look ginormous in real life, they are a very wearable size actually. The shot with triple strand is a bit more realistic.

The south sea baroque that I also ordered from pearl paradise

The south sea baroque that I also ordered from pearl paradise

Discussion of this got lost in the wash earlier in the thread...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 29
More shots

More shots

Having trouble uploading these for some reason...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 29
Peonyrose, they're all beautiful ... the South Seas are a lovely surprise! I LIVE in Photoshop ... would you like me to turn one or 2 of your photos "right side up" ?

Thanks CathyKeshi, if you have the time and want to do it, that would be lovely. I might live "down-under" but it would look better if the pics are the right way up. I'm too scared to fiddle with them in case I mess them up further. Don't know if I'm more excited about the pearls or actually attaching some photos to a post for the first time!

Ta-da! Hurray, you did it! They came and you did up the photos, and posted. Impressive.

I must say, the luster on this batch of Tahitian pearls is amazing. You all made out like bandits :)
The south seas look fresh and crisp, too. Nice haul!

PeonyRose2.jpgPeonyRose1.jpg

It's always a gamble, but I gave it a try ... fingers crossed ... :)

Whew, a breath of relief LOL. Even more lovely right side up, and just beautiful PeonyRose ... happy to help!

I still get a thrill of delight when a photo I try to upload actually appears :) If you want any of the others let me know, PeonyRose.

Back