Aarrr Josh Lad !!

Sueki

Pearl Collector & Designer
Some of Josh's pearls.
So beautiful, all I can do is stare at them in wonder. The colours are even better than in the photos.

Attachments

• 0104.jpg
    0104.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 0111.jpg
    0111.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 0116.jpg
    0116.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 0117.jpg
    0117.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 0121.jpg
    0121.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 26
They are quite fabulous. I am down near London on Monday and Tuesday next week, can I breathe the air near them please?
What is the story? We need further and better particulars

Sueki, as always, an elegant and enviable purchase! I'm assuming you have pistachio greens, pale pinks and bronze in those colours?

Pearlescence,
When in London, do try to visit the newly refurbed jewellery gallery at the V.&A. It re-opens on Saturday.
The pearls - sizes are approx. 8.5mm - 10.5mm.
I believe Josh grades them as semi-baroques. But they appear pretty much off-round to me.
These are two strands. I want to make a rope. Or two necklaces with ball clasps so's I can join them when I wish.

Nerida,
There are only one or two lighter colours. There are deep greens; a couple of, well, I swear they are dark blue; a few turquoise green/blue; one or two dark purple; some gorgeous two-tone pearls - like blue and green ink spilt next to each other; some bronzey golds; and some chocloate bronze/brown; and one or two dark red/magenta.

Sheri,
If I had the youth and the courage, I'd swap a strand for your back mural.
Sadly, that work of art would look nowhere near so good on me.

Robin,
Thanks - they are totally mesmerising.
Must thank Josh for that, though.

Wow - those are breathtaking! I can't wait to see what you make with them.

Wow, Sueki, those are truly exceptional! Josh does nice work!

Freakin' awesome! What pearls! And you mention blue ones too...

Any chance to see them being worn? :)

Sueki, I keep coming back to do a bit more drooling.... they are truly beautiful. We can always count on you for buying something exquisite!

Hi Sueki,

lovely pearls. Did you purchase them directly from Josh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for your comments.
I've had the pearls for a couple of months now, and still not got around to stringing them.
But when I do, I'll post more pics.
Jerin, no, not direct from Josh.
I bought these from Druzy.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
I've had the pearls for a couple of months now, and still not got around to stringing them.

That's because you keep playing with them, I'll bet!

nice work Josh! Sueki no more excuses, lets see a finished piece soon ;)

Just wondering if you've strung up your beautiful pearls yet, Sueki?

Hi Nerida,
Funny you ask that as I just, yesterday, started to play around and put things together.
My preferred thing was to make three strands so's I can wear one, two or three together, or link for a long rope which is what I lust after since Sheri posted pics. of her fantastic long rope.
But that'd be so extravagant I thought I'd try to spread them around a little more.
But having seen the pic. on Katie's thread I've decided to go with my first and preferred thought.
I intend to do them in the next few days so will report back when they are done.
I've also got a couple of other ideas which I need to play with. :)

Back