A Year of Pearls in the Life of a Pre-K Teacher:

DAY 47:

Today's lousy pictures are taken in a dark room with the monitor's light only:

I have to be upfront -- my pearls were chosen to go with my fingernail polish color!

11-30-15 3.jpg

11-30-15.jpg

11-30-15 2.jpg

Last edited:
DAY 48:

Today I am wearing the rice krispie pearl set given to me decades ago by my MIL, who happened to live in Tennessee. I decided to knot the rope:

DSC0103

12-1-15 2.jpg

The pattern in each of those rice krispie pearl sections is really interesting. It's very unique and I like it a lot!

I don't recognize the earrings...

What a creative way of making a "big pearl look" out of the rice krispies.

Can you give us a better shot of the earrings? They look interesting, too.

And when do we get to see the rings?

Last edited:
What a creative way of making a "big pearl look" out of the rice krispies.

Can you give us a better shot of the earrings? They look interesting, too.

And when do we get to see the rings?

I wear my rings less and less -- it's really impractical working with Pre-K students. But I'll throw some in at some point.

Close-up of the rice krispies earrings per your request:

rice krispie close-up.jpg

DAY 49:

No one ever comments on the mismatched earrings in this metallic multi-color set. One earring is lavender. The other is peach. I guess no one notices...

12-2-15 2.jpg

12-2-15 1.jpg

12-2-15 3.jpg

Well, it's hard to see both earrings at once, actually, even looking straight on.

I have a pair of earrings that my grandmother made out of an old 1920's watch. You know, the type with the black cord as a strap. The earrings were the gold accents on either side of the watch face. It turns out they both go the same way, instead of mirror image, so they look different on each ear. Nobody has ever noticed.

On a separate note, those rice krispy earrings are a very interesting design. I like them, too.

DAY 50:

My new Black Friday earrings! I think they look great with my ombre necklace:

12-3-15 1.jpg

12-3-15 2.jpg

Oooh, BAS those are gorgeous! I thought those called your name when I saw them posted :)

The ombres look great. I really like that look of the stacked pearls in different sizes and colors.

Are they heavy? or comfortable?

The ombres look great. I really like that look of the stacked pearls in different sizes and colors.

Are they heavy? or comfortable?

I've been wearing them since 6 AM and they are comfortable. I can feel them swing if I shift my head, but in a nice way. I love the colors and the luster of the Tahitians.

Back