A Tahitian drop

jeanpn

Community member
Hello,
This is my first post. I have been lurking here for about a year; and before I show you some pictures I?d like to thank all of you for so kindly sharing your knowledge. This is a lovely forum with lovely people. When the news is depressing, as it unfortunately so often is, I like to come here and look at pretty pictures and read the positive and kind posts.
Although I have always enjoyed shopping for jewelry, I?ve never before bought pearls. However, after my husband and I decided to plan a trip to French Polynesia I decided that I couldn?t go all the way there and not come back with pearls! So I began to educate myself by reading everything I could find, including the very interesting posts on this forum. In French Polynesia when we weren?t scuba diving, I was shopping for pearls. As a matter of fact I shopped for pearls until my husband?s eyes glazed over. :D Here are some pictures of my favorite one. It is a 9mm drop. (I did my best to do it justice, but I?ve been using a point-and-shoot that seems to have a sense of humor when it comes to focusing.) Now all I need is about 40 or 50 more just like it for a necklace. ;)
Jean

Attachments

• pearlB.jpg
    pearlB.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 36
  • pearlC.jpg
    pearlC.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 52
  • pearlA.jpg
    pearlA.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 37
  • pearlD.jpg
    pearlD.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 37
Stunning pearl - lovely purchase. Well done! I'm sure it is just the first of many....we're all totally addicted!

Welcome to the forum. Absolutely beautiful pearl! Love the colors and luster! Is that your camera in the reflection?

Cheers,
Pernula

Thank you! Yes, Pernula, that's my camera. I couldn't figure out how to get that black camera lens out of the reflection.
Jean

Welcome, and kudos for finding a tahitian that you will cherish! I think you need one of the pro cameras with the telegraphic zoom thingie ... or whatever you call it. LOL Jeremy said something about it a very long time ago. But hey, you're getting the fish eye effect, which is good!

Welcome! Your pearl is faboo and so is the photography. I don't see how you could have done better on choosing or taking the pics. Enjoy it in good health. ;)

Cheers,
Blaire

Hi Jean,

a beautiful pearl you have there! What is your husband saying when hearing that you just need another 40 or 50 to get together a necklace? He hasn?t fainted yet?

Hello Jean - if you could find another 40 or 50 like that we'd all be lining up! Truly the colour is amazing - I've just come back to look at your photos again. I'm sure, like us all, you have a MOST obliging husband!

What a Beauty, Jean! Pearls will bring you pleasure for a lifetime!

pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Thank you all. Such nice people! Yes, my husband was very patient and accommodating, but when he found out I was going to Pearl Paradise (we live in the Los Angeles area) to select the pearls for this strand: https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28356&postcount=38 he was delighted he didn?t have to go along. :D
I spent a great deal of time trying to decide what to do with the pearl, and I couldn?t bring myself to drill it. Jennifer (at Pearl Paradise) designed and made a Venus bale for it, and gave me permission to post this picture of it. I will be able to change the position of the pearl in the bale to display the different colors of the pearl at different times.
I'm thrilled with her work.
Best wishes,
Jean

Attachments

• Venus.jpg
    Venus.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 46
Well, that is showing up with a bang! That is an excellent choice of pearl holder too. I am looking for more of your excellent choices..........

Thanks, Caitlin! We used to live near Alvernon, north of Sunrise. We sure miss Tucson.
Jean

Wow, beautiful pearl and strand, gorgeous colors!

Congratulations and welcome!

Perle

Octavia was all over your pearl when we visited Pearl Paradise. I had to tell her that it couldn't be for sale with a necklace as nice as yours! Great job! I like that you can turn the pearl to see the different colors. ;)

Hi jean.
I think Tucson is a dusty little border town with some good views. You lived in a very pretty area.

I live in a rural area, way out West Ajo Way in the Altar Valley. For non-Tucson folks that is pronounced "Aah ho" and it means garlic, though we all know what people mean when they say "a-joe". We also know they are tourists.;)

I so want to move to Northern CA to be near DH's rellies and sources of WATER! I want to retire to live by a lake or a creek....sigh.

Hi jean.
I think Tucson is a dusty little border town with some good views. You lived in a very pretty area.

I live in a rural area, way out West Ajo Way in the Altar Valley. For non-Tucson folks that is pronounced "Aah ho" and it means garlic, though we all know what people mean when they say "a-joe". We also know they are tourists.;)

I so want to move to Northern CA to be near DH's rellies and sources of WATER! I want to retire to live by a lake or a creek....sigh.

Well then Caitlin, get yourself over here, i have at least 4lakes to offer within 10 km.;)

Inge

Well then Caitlin, get yourself over here, i have at least 4lakes to offer within 10 km.;)

Inge

...and we have more than enough water to satisfy! Oregon is a great place to visit in the beastly hot summer if you need an escape. :)

Thank you both

I have heard Sweden is the best place to live in the world and Oregon is probably the best in the US. I want to visit there in the summer and go from Eugene to Florence on the coast and find a place right in between on the river where the weather is perfect........

Commercial interruption over, time to get back to Jean's pearls! :D Thanks for indulging me.

OK, just for fun, here are two pictures of the purple end. For some reason I just couldn't get a good shot of it.
Best wishes,
Jean

Attachments

• purple end_1.jpg
    purple end_1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 46
  • PearlE_1.jpg
    PearlE_1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 42
Back