A long overdue hello, some updates, and yes pearls too!

Purranha

Hello ladies, I’m here to say a looooooong overdue hello! Sorry I’ve been MIA for so long, but lots has happened in the past few years! Let’s see…I’ve moved (twice!), got engaged, had surgery (all well and back to normal now), had wedding ceremony canceled (due to pandemic), got married (signed papers at home), and became a stepmom (hubs was widowed). That explain the absence, doesn’t it lol?

We will likely have a make-up party/reception down the road, but sharing some paper-signing ceremony photos here as I drowned myself in pearls, and outfitted stepdaughter with mini-me pearls. Yes, husband is very tall – I was standing on yoga blocks!

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 8.56.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 8.57.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 8.58.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 9.02.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 8.59.00 PM.png

OMG the new platform is so hard to navigate! Is it just me?! Picture file was too big, uploading was awkward. Phew! ‍

Anyhooooo, aside from all that has happened, I also haven’t had much new pearl photos to contribute (aside from the paper signing ceremony) as I hardly stepped out of the house during the pandemic.

But, I stress-crafted, A LOT.

Due to the explosion of my crafting activities (along with puzzles & plants ), I was drowning in my jewelry and craft pieces. So after years of hesitation, I finally put some stuff on Etsy and started an Instagram account a few weeks ago. (admins please delete if not allowed)

https://www.etsy.com/shop/IfEarthHadRings/
https://www.instagram.com/IfEarthHadRings/

It feels so weird since I hardly ever had any social media presence. Please follow & like, I would so appreciate it!!!

Purranha!!!! How wonderful to hear from you! It’s so long overdue but with very good reasons, and congratulations are in order! You look absolutely radiant (as always). I’m so happy for you!

Yes. I have a difficult time with the photos, and I’ve had a lot of practice. I often have some randomly rejected and there are no changes I have found that will allow them to upload. A bit frustrating, but I am happy to see your celebration! Thanks for sharing, and haha, I had to stand on a box for wedding photos, too!

Jeg! Thank you for your kind words, I so appreciate it!

At least for the pictures I posted on this thread, they get rejected when the size is larger than 2MB, but which pics aren't bigger than 2MB? So I opened up the pic on my laptop and took a screenshot of the picture to reduce the size - absolutely cumbersome, but I haven't figured out an easier workaround.

Now, for the life of me, I can not figure out how to add taglines as signatures at the bottom of my postings! Somebody help lol!

Ha! OMG just found it!

Last edited:
Hey Purranha it is great to see and hear from you again. No wonder you were MIA these last years...I mean, we've all had life happening to us as well. But CONGRATULATIONS on your Marriage :fest30:
And yes, that issue with photos is infuriating. We are even considering migrating the forum to a better Forum system since there are many glitches that seem impossible to fix. We are still debating.
Anyway, thank you for your update and for joining us here.

OH, our dear friend, we have missed you so! What great news; you and your new family look beautiful, handsome and happy. Walter sends hugs and congratulations as well. Look forward to exploring your new Etsy site, and seeing you here again ... yay!

Thank you so much 86Corvettegirl 2thdktr and Lilpearl!

Hmm another platform question - I was trying to tag people's usernames in my response, and sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't and the website is non-responsive (for the drop-down and confirmation)...

Pattye! It's good to be back! Lol I crafted a lot during the pandemic, but didn't post them on PG since a good chunk wasn't pearl related. And sharing here just for fun, I completed a 5,000 piece puzzle! Didn't go bigger since we didn't have enough space at the old house... :lmao:

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 11.01.11 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 11.01.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 11.01.11 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
Yes, we can tag people and it works most of the time...not always and I don't know nor understand why. It will be one of those questions we may never have an answer to. :sad:
So I Purranha tagged you and it worked, but then if you try it for a second time it may not work.

Hey! Happy to see you enjoying your jigsaw puzzle...I saw the pic and I said to myself: What a nice Yoga Mat!
Then I actually read the post and wow!!! Even larger than Yoga Mat sized jigsaw puzzle! :bigeyes:​​​​​​​

Welcome back Purranha and congratulations on your marriage. Mostly the tagging people for me works great with the first one, then it doesn't add the second or third etc until after I save. Sometimes it failes when I have for example gotten a. or a, directly after the @name. My phone does that.

Welcome back Purr you have been missed. Congratulations on your marriage I wish you many many years filled with love, joy and happiness.

Welcome back Purr!!!! Congratulations on your marriage. Love all the pearls!!!

@Purranha you look stunning! I love how you layered gold and white strands in multiple sizes, it creates such a sense of abundance. And your matching golden pearl rings are INSANE/sublime. Found you on insta!

Back