A dark multi-colour Tahitian strand

Hanaleimom

Hi,

I fell in love with Tahitian pearls in 2000. I have been on a quest for a multi-color strand since then. Most pre-made multi strands have white, silver, gray pearls, which I try to avoid. I like white pearls, but somehow I just love Tahitian pearls in darker jewel colors. I almost bought one strand interspersed with white and silver pearls 2006, but cancelled the order a day after. Last year, I found a dark multi strand, but it was much more than my budget. Even so, it's really not exactly what I was looking for.

Well, I've found my strand. It's 9-10.15mm, AAA. It has dark body and has a full spectrum of greens, peacock, cherry. The center pearl is bright peacock. There is an eggplant with green overtone, which makes it look like a blue pearl within a purple pearl. There is deep emerald green, lots of cherry/rose overtones, some turquoise-green near the clasps, pistachio. The pearl colors change with various lightings. The neck shots do not do the strand justice. I also have a matching set of earrings to go with it. I am so happy that I've found my long-waited strand. It is strung tight and I was told it will smooth out within 1 wearing. I've worn it a few hours yesterday, and it has relaxed quite a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_3156_1_1.jpg
    IMG_3156_1_1.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2711.jpg
    IMG_2711.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1709.jpg
    IMG_1709.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3132_1_2_1.jpg
    IMG_3132_1_2_1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
p

p

Here are some more pictures, 1 with my round FW exotic

Attachments

• IMG_3169_1_1_1.jpg
    IMG_3169_1_1_1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3171_1_1.jpg
    IMG_3171_1_1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3175_1_1.jpg
    IMG_3175_1_1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2843_1_1_1.JPG
    IMG_2843_1_1_1.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
p

p

3 pearls to the left of the center pearl is the eggplant with green overtone...so gorgeous.

Attachments

• IMG_1761_1_1.JPG
    IMG_1761_1_1.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Some more pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_2884.jpg
    IMG_2884.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2833_1_1.jpg
    IMG_2833_1_1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
You BOTH look very relaxed and gorgeous! Beautiful colors on the pearls, enjoy for a lifetime!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

ps Hummm--think I recognize the box??

Beautiful pearls. We've seen so many gorgeous drop and circled Tahitians lately that it's almost a surprise to see such beautiful perfectly round ones - they are just lovely - enjoy them!

WOW.....Beautiful strand. I've never seen multicolor in the dark shades and it is very striking!!
Fantastic colors.
Robin

p

p

Hi,

The creator of this beautiful strand is the talented Jeremy Shepherd. :) Jeremy has been collecting pearls for this strand since January and recently added most of them from lots that he got from Poe Rava Nui auction (Hong Kong). He has been SO patient with me. He has to put up with my paranoia (verifying the same things over and over), constant private messagings and emails (sometimes several emails per day) for the last few months. :eek:

Wowee !
They are fabulous pearls. Kudos to you Mom and Jeremy - and the molluscs - for creating such a beauty. I LOVE IT.

I *thought* it looked like Jeremy's work. That's just something that cannot be mistaken. I've been putting off my strand for eons because of all the little exotic purchases that have popped up. I'm hoping I get mine by next year.

Yes, if I had to have a round strand, that would be it! LOVE the multicolor. The purple and cherry ones really pop!

Luscious colors on those pearls. You obviously benefited from putting the strand together patiently with Jeremy. Great job!
John

WOW.....Beautiful strand. I've never seen multicolor in the dark shades and it is very striking!!
Fantastic colors.
Robin

Hi Cathy,
I second what Robin said. I was a bit hasty when deleting my double post yesterday and noticed first now that my first never did appear.

Inge:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow wow wow. They look simply gorgeous. The size is right too! I love the colours on your strand especially the outstanding pinks in the strand.

Your Tahitian strand

Your Tahitian strand

Just beautiful Cathy! I know you will appreciate them more everyday. What a family heirloom you have created! Congratulations on your very colorful necklace! Finally the search is over.....:p

The colors are beautiful and you did a great job of capturing them in your photos. Congrats on finding the perfect strand!
Oh, and the clasp works really well with the pearls.

Back