365 Days of Pearls

I got nothing here ... BabyNurse has it all ... please pass the smelling salts.

So unexpected yet so perfect, especially with that stunning dress, aren't they?

Wowza is right! Queen of layering is right! I love that whole look.

BN, those Golden’s never cease to amaze me. The dress and coral beads really brings out the gorgeous rose tones your GSS pearls.

Gorgeous combination; the coral necklaces make the goldens more summery/casual and the golden drop on the coral strand ties it all together! Inspirational and lovely.

fantastic layering! The corals and goldens are perfectly suited for your dress. Well done!

I really love that waterfall necklace. I don't have me one of those. Hmmm....

Thank you, Simply adorned, 86Corvettegirl, pammbw, Parrot Lady, amti, CathyKeshi, Kay , Katbran, BWeaves, Luvglitz, Charlotta, Bonsava, SunSeeker and BAS!

Day 350:

This red, white and blue post was meant for yesterday. I hope all the US folks had a happy 4th!

Double strand of freshwater metallics (Sheri’s screamers) and little h dangles (soufflé pearls lined w tiny seed pearls).

55CF6305-73B6-494D-B2F7-178BAAAD6B1C.jpg

098F3D04-6C1D-474E-BAE3-7F1FFE23DE16.jpg

BCBC21C3-B967-4FC1-9C1A-4427ABCA6707.jpg

6CE8F154-96E7-4DAB-99AC-F9BAC07F934A.jpg

8E77BE07-86DF-4771-BC51-77B2239EC349.jpg

40BD14F3-8931-43CA-A483-ABCBAA227483.jpg

A343740E-8778-422A-8D70-7DCC5F37795A.jpg

Oh, my.... I love these. I wish I had some screamers!! Those are TDF!! And those earrings are gorgeous!!! My, my....can I play in your pearl box???

I have a minor habit of seeking out and reading the 'self-help books of elegance' - curious to see how people try to define in solid terms a rather abstract, to my way of thinking, concept. One of them made a point of saying that triple strands are okay in certain cases, but that double strands are simply not elegant.

The author had clearly never seen a necklace at all like that one. I feel sorry for her now.

I have a minor habit of seeking out and reading the 'self-help books of elegance' - curious to see how people try to define in solid terms a rather abstract, to my way of thinking, concept. One of them made a point of saying that triple strands are okay in certain cases, but that double strands are simply not elegant.

The author had clearly never seen a necklace at all like that one. I feel sorry for her now.

Holy carp. How could she? Wha?

I confess to having a weakness for a really good triple, but if the spacing is off between the 3 strands, or the pearls don't line up right, it drives me nuts. That problem never occurs with 2 strands.

----

BAS & BN: Sarah and I finally reconnected about making me a Waterfall rope. I hope to get it at Ruckus.

Day 349:

Golden South Sea necklace from Eiko pearl, akoya Keshi strand from Kojima Pearl, golden South Sea pendant from Kojima Pearl, carved coral necklace from eBay, 3 tiny coral bead necklaces bought preloved from a Pricescope member.

And hereby I award you with your master's degree in layering! - JK ;)
But seriously, reading through this whole thread over the last few day & seeing you gradually gain more confidence in layering your necklaces this last one feels like your master's thesis & I have learned so much thanks to your hard work, thank you!

A few other observations...
... my favorite type of pearl on you is tahitian because it makes your skintone sing
... i admire how effortlessly you switch between very classic and the more organic, wild styles
... had to scroll over the NY jewelry show bit very fast because everything was just too yummy
... never knew chickens could be this much fun! i have lost a few too many pets recently due to old age and illness but I think someday in the faraway future there could be a flock of these amazing animals waiting for me
... i need to get myself a necklace with tiny iolite beads asap
... loved all the little anecdotes&tidbits... and i really enjoyed reading everyones experience getting their ears pierced for the first time, made me feel better about the labyrinth in my ear... and now I know I can get them redone-DUH!
... and speaking about ear piercings: around page 100 I was thinking to myself how wonderful a small earstud in the second earhole - like a small bead coordinated with your top - would look so I was delighted when ~ fifty pages later you announced that you wear planning to use that earhole again after more than a decade! what are your plans for the future? pearls?

And while we are speculating around how continuations of this thread could look, how about "52 weeks - 52 parures" (wearing a coordinated set for a whole week, styling it different each day). Whatever you decide for the future, I hope you will continue updating us on your adventures!

BWeaves, I know! Plus everyone has a different neck, different clothes and styles...Baby Nurse, of course, can pull off any and everything with pearls, but how one wears one's pearls, and what sort of pearls one wears, is a rather individual thing.

----

BAS & BN: Sarah and I finally reconnected about making me a Waterfall rope. I hope to get it at Ruckus.

LOL Sarah is making me one too ;) I sent her the white metallic strand I got from a ruckus many years ago. Haven't worn it but maybe 3 times so now that it's going to be beautified I'm sure it will get worn more regularly. We should take a picture with us all in our sister pearls.

I love seeing restyled pearls (a significant part of my custom work these days)...it's so much fun to breath new life into an underworn strand. I simply adore Sarah's work...so for those of us who are unable to attend the Ruckus, please do post photos of the Waterfalls!

Back