365 Days of Pearls

Very interesting shapes BN.

Bweaves you can ask Catherine to take a neck shot she's very accommodating (she even tried different ways of wearing the rope and sent me pics, so I could get an idea)

The square pearl necklace is really a unque one! The different shapes make it very interesting. However, I am still memorized by the pastel CC strand. Could you have picked a more perfect sweater to enhance the luster of the pearls? Wow!!!

Haha BN's souffle strand is one of my favorite and I harassed/begged her to bring the strand to Ruckus this past summer, so had the pleasure of meeting them in person. So lovely seeing them here again!!! Hiiiii!!! :)

It was my pleasure Purranha:eek:

Thank you hanadama, Cathy,lmgarden, kalmen, MSC for the kind words.

Sigh. So much pretty and we are not even past the first week. Really delighted to see this thread. Can't wait to see what other gorgeous pearls you have as well as some of my old favs.

It is a huge commitment so totally understand if you miss a day or two now and then. :)

Thank you kindly Icyjade : ). I did think to myself "365 days is a LOT of days in a row...". But they're pearl pictures so for the most part I think I'll be able to keep up.

I say if we're going to do that -- go all the way. Look of the WEEK! Votes can take place every Sunday for the previous week.

Cathy -- waving to you! I'm still teaching Pre-K and wearing my pearls daily!

Lugana and BAS you completely crack me up with your look of the month/week!

Hehe--thanks JP, hanadama,BWeaves,kalmen and amti! Day 4's CC piece is definitely a unique one. I was drawn to the interesting shapes and metallic colors.

Wowza! That's a necklace!

I wish CC wouldn't photograph her necklaces all coiled up. I wish she'd do at least one neckshot on a necklace stand if she doesn't want to use a real neck. Your necklace looks so different on than it does in her photos.

I've often thought the same thing. Neck shots would be so helpful. As kalmen pointed out though, Catherine is super accommodating and I'm sure she wouldn't hesitate to provide them if asked. Also, there were many other shots of this strand that gave good perspective to what I see irl. I saved them and was going to post them but didn't want to be overzealous with the pics. I tend to post too many at times!

Baby Nurse, you have such beautiful pieces - and they all look so lovely on you! I am excited to follow along during the year. :)

And I have to ask about your avatar picture -- are you holding a rooster wearing pearls?!?! My pic is one of my kitties wearing my first pearl strand (taken almost 10 years ago, so not the best pic).

PurpleRose, what an adorable avatar picture! I had noticed the cat but not the pearls--that's wonderful.

Lol yes that's our rooster Chickadee wearing a rope of peach colored fwp! My then 8yr old son was holding him so I could snap the pic. He's a very sweet and relaxed rooster and those pearls suit him better than they do me. When it comes time to share that rope, I'll use his picture again.

Day 5:

Today I wore my first strand of Tahitians. I bought them about 4 years ago from Pearl Paradise, silver body color with blue/green and subtle peacock overtone. I'd say they're mostly silver. The strand was originally 18" and I asked Chenai to lengthen it to 22". I was very new to pearls but had learned on the pearl forum that a longer strand meant you could actually see your pearls and enjoy them! It was a good choice ; )

Here is the photo Chenai sent me.

Tahitians from Pearl Paradise, silver body color with blue/green and subtle peacock overtone

Oh how cute! What a well-behaved rooster Chickadee is. He does look quite striking in your pearls. :eek: And how cool that you have chickens! I love animals of all kinds, but we've only ever had cats, dogs & turtles.

It's hard to see the white pearls on my cat, Ophelia, as she is all white. But she's such a pretty, regal cat that when I got the pearls I had to get a photo of her wearing something fancy. I always joked with my husband that if we ever won the lottery or came into a very large sum of money, she'd have to have a very posh collar with jewels. She's such a sweet, wonderful cat. She is around 17 years old now & still quite healthy, for which we're very thankful.

Baby Nurse,
You have impeccable taste in pearls and you are a master photographer as well! Kudos!!

Back